Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: glib-devel-2
Operating Systems Linux glib-devel-2 Post 302452934 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of September 2010 01:01:49 PM
Old 09-13-2010
Usually you'd install using your distro's package manager instead of building from source unless there's an extremely good reason not to. Packages for your distro know where everything belongs, source tarballs are generic things which don't. 'make install' installed both headers and binaries, and may not have put them in the place your distro needs them in order to find them unless you picked your ./configure options carefully. You probably have the necessary header files now, but may have overwritten your glib binaries or installed extra copies somewhere else (check /usr/local/lib)

Last edited by Corona688; 09-13-2010 at 02:06 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

devel.rpm

I have a question on how to make an rpm out of the source package distribution. just looking for a general procedure. Like say I have the MIT kerberos source, would I "make -C libs" or something like that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies

2. Solaris

mysql-devel

I am trying to install Postfix on a Sun SPARC Solaris 9 server. I am not sure whether it is essential or not but still installed MySQL on that server and it is running fine.Now when I am trying to run the make command as a part of installation of Postfix, it reports the following error. # make ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

trying to install openssl-devel

Hi there, I am using redhat 7.3 and I am trying to install openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18.i386.rpm but I get the following error message when I try to install: error: failed dependencies: openssl = 0.9.6b-18 is needed by openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18 The thing that confuses me most is that when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
0 Replies

4. Solaris

GLib 2.14.1

Hi, I have downloaded the glib 2.14.1 package from sunfreeware.com and installed it with pkgadd. However, glib-config --version shows the old version which is 1.2.10. I tried using crle but it just blew stuff up. I also tried glib-config --prefix=/usr/local but it doesn't seem to stick. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cshore
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to uninstall limbcrypt-devel?

my os is # cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS release 6.4 (Final) from Pinoyden Blog: configure: error: mcrypt.h not found. Please reinstall libmcrypt. # rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm Retrieving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

6. Programming

Yum install qt-devel qt-doc qt-creator qt5?

hi all, i use yum install qt-devel qt-doc qt-creator to install qt4 on fedora 20 what command line used to install qt5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cetu
1 Replies
UBUNTU-DISTRO-INFO(1)					      General Commands Manual					     UBUNTU-DISTRO-INFO(1)

NAME
ubuntu-distro-info - provides information about Ubuntu's distributions SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-distro-info [OPTIONS] OPTIONS
--date=DATE date for calculating the version (default: today) -h, --help display help message and exit -a, --all list all known versions -d, --devel latest development version --lts latest long term support (LTS) version -s, --stable latest stable version --supported list of all supported stable versions --unsupported list of all unsupported stable versions -c, --codename print the codename (default) -r, --release print the release version -f, --fullname print the full name SEE ALSO
debian-distro-info(1), distro-info(1) AUTHOR
The script and this manual page was written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. distro-info January 2011 UBUNTU-DISTRO-INFO(1)