Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS Post 302452906 by jgt on Monday 13th of September 2010 10:58:15 AM
Old 09-13-2010
It seems to me that you are trying to build your own version of SCO 6.0.0 by trying to install the features that it has into 5.0.6.
You have been at this for about 2 months, and have probably wasted more time and money than you would have by simply buying a new license.
Not only which, 6.0.0 runs about ten times faster, on the same hardware (overnight batch processes that took 3 hours on 5.0.7, took 20 minutes on the same machine upgraded to 6.0.0)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing printer with windows via cups and samba

I want to use my linux box as a print server for my hp printer. I downloaded the linux driver for the printer and installed it. I also configured CUPS and printed a test page with it. Samba is allowing my windows machine to see and install the printer, but when i try to print to it, nothing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpd printing and a IP based printer on SCO

I am attempting to setup an IP based printer in a SCO environment. It is a cognitive printer. I attempted to add it via the HP interface but I could not get anything sent from the spooler to the printer in SCO? My questions is or are should this be setup as a local or remote printer? When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spglass
6 Replies

3. Linux

Sharing Printer Linux + XP (cups/samba)

I keep getting a access denied error when I install from the XP wizard my Linux shared printer. CUPS CONFIGURATION FILE <Location /admin> # # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration functions. # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPD and sophisticated documents

Hi all, I am using Solaris 8 and have several printers (HP lasers or inkjets) connected behind PCs, printing thus being controlled by LPD. All I can print is ASCII, not very keen, no images, no boxes etc. Is there any thread (I assure, I have been searching!) or discussion explaning how to set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
0 Replies

5. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need a single printer driver added to CUPS

Just got an HP OfficeJet L7680 printer but there are no drivers for it in RHEL5. I just want to add the single driver without installing hplip 3.9.8. It's going to be connected with USB. Is this possible and if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

7. SCO

LPD PRINTER CONFIGURATION

Dear All, I have configured a printer on a unix box to be printing on windows xp printer. Below are the steps followed:- Create the printer on the Windows XP box and share it as prt5 Enable unix printer services on windows XP box On unix box i make changes on hosts,hosts.equiv and .rhosts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njoroge
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query for printer driver in CUPS

I have a RHEL 4 (probably not important, but whatever) machine with a few dozen network printers set up in CUPS. I would like to replicate this on a second machine. With lpinfo I'm able to get the queue name and device information (socket://ipaddress or whatnot), but I haven't get figured out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba and Cups :: How to Hide Printer Icons

Hi, I am running Linux box with samba-3.0.33 cups-1.3.7 When I access my home folder through windows and give user credentials, it works well but shows all the printers icons as well. I would like to hide them all from users. I tried changing Browsing On to Browsing Off in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_spl
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs

Good afternoon. :) I'm rather new to bash scripting, and have probably bitten off a bit more than I can chew to be honest, but I work in a service desk-like environment where one of the main complaints is that it takes our staff a long time to set up network printers on our clients' servers.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aperfecthalo
3 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 Time::Seconds(3pm)