Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding all files that do not match a certain pattern Post 302452828 by methyl on Monday 13th of September 2010 07:32:03 AM
Old 09-13-2010
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
find . -name Craigs\* -print|while read filename
do
          # Remove directory name
          filename2=`basename "${filename}"`
          # Extract characters up to first space
          prefix=`echo "${filename2}"|awk '{print $1}'`
          # Is the filename prefix correct?
          if [ ! "${prefix}" = "Craigslist" ]
          then
                   echo "${filename}"
          fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a specific pattern from thousands of files ????

Hi All, I want to find a specific pattern from approximately 400000 files on solaris platform. Its very heavy for me to grep that pattern to each file individually. Can anybody suggest me some way to search for specific pattern (alpha numeric) from these forty thousand files. Please note that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Unique strings which match pattern

I need to grep for a pattern in a file. Files are huge and have several repeated occurances of the strings which match pattern. I just need the strings which contain the pattern in the output. For eg. The contents of my file are as follows. The pattern I want to match by is ABCD ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tektips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding conserved pattern in different files

Hi power user, For examples, I have three different files: file 1: file2: file 3: AAA CCC ZZZ BBB BBB CCC CCC DDD DDD DDD TTT AAA EEE AAA XXX I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding 4 current files having specific File Name pattern

Hi All, I am trying to find 4 latest files inside one folder having following File Name pattern and store them into 4 different variables and then use for processing in my shell script. File name is fixed length. 1) Each file starts with = ABCJmdmfbsjop letters + 7 Digit Number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding log files that match number pattern

I have logs files which are generated each day depending on how many processes are running. Some days it could spin up 30 processes. Other days it could spin up 50. The log files all have the same pattern with the number being the different factor. e.g. LOG_FILE_1.log LOG_FILE_2.log etc etc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the same pattern in three consecutive lines in several files in a directory

I know how to search for a pattern/regular expression in many files that I have in a directory. For example, by doing this: grep -Ril "News/U.S." . I can find which files contain the pattern "News/U.S." in a directory. I am unable to accomplish about how to extend this code so that it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match using grep between two files

Hello Everyone , I have two files. I want to pick line from file-1 and match with the complete data in file-2 , if there is a match print all the match lines in file 3. Below is the file cat test1.txt vikas vikasjain j ain testt douknow hello@vik@ # 33 ||@@ vcpzxcmvhvdsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailvkjain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files based on pattern

Hi All, I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area. all contents which are under /* */ are commented all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
13 Replies
ASNTOOL(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASNTOOL(1)

NAME
asntool - process ASN.1 module specifications SYNOPSIS
asntool [-] [-B filename] [-D N] [-G] [-I str] [-J type] [-K str] [-L str] [-M filename,...] [-P str] [-Q] [-S filename] [-T filename] [-V] [-X filename] [-Z] [-b N] [-d filename] [-e filename] [-f filename] [-l filename] -m filename [-o filename] [-p filename] [-t str] [-v filename] [-w N] [-x filename] DESCRIPTION
asntool reads, validates, and displays ASN.1 module specifications. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -B filename Generate objects and code in files named filename.* -D N Debugging level for code generation: 0 No debugging (default) 1 Shallow debugging 2 Deep debugging 3-9 Same as 2 -G Generate object loader .c and .h files -I str Put "#include str" in generated .c file -J type Register type type with object manager -K str In generated .c, force name of #included asn header to str -L str Label registered type as str -M filename,... Search the ASN.1 modules in filename,... for external references -P str XML module prefix for DOCTYPE -Q Use quoted syntax form for generated include files -S filename Send debugging output to filename rather than stderr -T filename Dump ASN.1 tree to filename -V Force CHOICE objects to use custom structures rather than ValNodePtrs, for compatibility with some old hand-coded object loaders. -X filename Write XML DTD to filename. If filename is "m", print each module to a separate file. -Z Bit twiddle for optional zero value base slots -b N Use N-byte buffers (default = 1024; anything between 512 and 10000 is legal) -d filename Read binary values from filename (requires -t) -e filename Write binary values to filename -f filename Write ASN.1 module to filename -l filename Write ASN.1 loader to filename -m filename Read ASN.1 module from filename -o filename Write header to filename -p filename Write print values to filename -t str Expect binary values to have type str -v filename Read print values from filename -w N Limit values in #defines to N bits (default = 31; anything between 31 and 128 is legal) -x filename Write XML data to filename AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. NCBI
2010-09-01 ASNTOOL(1)