Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions DOS Dir - listing of full path and timestamp Post 302452591 by niterobin on Saturday 11th of September 2010 04:46:34 PM
Old 09-11-2010
DIR /O:A will sort the list by last access time with the earliest time first. I presume you could then sort the files by name if rerquired after exporting them to Excel.

And DIR /? will give you all the options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from dos dir a: to similar to a dds tape?

is it possible to see what is in a dds tape? like in dos, we can write dir a: to see the contents of it? thanks PS : actually, i came from a DOS background. so most of the time, i will try to relate unix to dos. of course, dos never came close to unix. but unix is like many instances of dos... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I change dir in dos

Hi I have a dos batch file in window server where I call a cmd command for creating some db. this cmd commad is located in e:\data\abcd\xyz.cmd. Now I call this batch file from unix ssh.sh but my access point is D in window server here I want to change the dos prompt to e:\data\abcd. in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

full path of a file situated either in parent's dir. or parent's parent dir. so on...

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I define a particular dir in PATH variable and then unset that dir

How do I define a particular dir in front of PATH variable and then run some job and then at the end of job SET the PATH variable to original? in a script, WILL something like this work: ORIG_PATH=$PATH export PATH=/dir1/dir2:$PATH RUN SOME JOBS ..... unset PATH EXPORT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

5. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS script to grab the first file in a dir and rename it

:confused: Hello, Is there any way to use the dir command / some DOS Script to select only first file of similar pattern of files in a direcotory and rename it for example, one directory has 5 files abc_1005.txt abc_5256.txt abc_2001.txt abc_2003.txt abc_3006.txt by use script I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav525
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files with full path

Hi, I need to store all the files in a directory to a text file with its full path. The example below can explain: ./File1.txt ./File2.txt ./Folder1/File11.txt ./Folder1/File12.txt ./Folder1/Folder11/File111.txt ./Folder2/file21.txt : : The ls -R1 command won't give the result as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the scripts full dir path

lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ ./test.sh . lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ cat test.sh #!/bin/bash echo `dirname $0` lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~$ pwd /home/lyang0 it doesn't get "/home/lyang0" and only when run /home/lyang0/test.sh it will get, but how can I do, then it can get the real... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
8 Replies
RoPkg::Exceptions(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    RoPkg::Exceptions(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Exceptions - exceptions used by RoPkg packages DESCRIPTION
RoPkg::Exceptions is a collection of predefined exceptions used by all modules from RoPkg namespace. SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use RoPkg::Exceptions; sub main { eval { if ( $#ARGV == -1 ) { Param::Missing->throw('No parameter found'); } }; if ( my $e = Exception::Class->caught('Param::Missing') ) { print STDERR $e->message,$/,$e->trace,$/; } } main(); It is very possible that you don't find a good reason for using exceptions from this example. And you are right. This example is kind of silly. But, try to use exceptions in a real project. Then, you will apreciate their real value. DEPENDENCIES
RoPkg::Exceptions require perl 5.008 or later and the Exception::Class module. Exceptions List The following exceptions are defined in this class: *) General - general pourpose exception *) OutsideClass - raised when a method is called outside a class instance *) File - the base for all file related exceptions . This exception has the filename parameter, who can be used to specify the path to the file. filename parameter can be used by all derivated exceptions. The following exceptions are derivated from File: *) File::NotFound - the file was not found *) File::Open - error while opening file *) File::Create - could not create file *) Dir - the base for all directory related exceptions . This exception has the dirname parameter, who can be used to specify the path to the directory. dirname parameter can be used by all derivated exceptions. The following exceptions are derivated from Dir: *) Dir::NotFound - the directory was not found *) Dir::Open - error while opening directory *) Dir::Create - could not create directory *) Param - the base for all parameters related exceptions. This exception has the name parameter, who can be used to specify the parameter name. name can be used by all derivated exceptions. The following exceptions are derivated from Param: *) Param::Missing - the parameter was not found *) Param::Unknown - the parameter is unknown *) Param::Wrong - the parameter has the wrong value or is not defined *) DB - the base for all database related exceptions. This exception has the following parameters: dsn, user and pass . This exception (and the ones derivated from her) are mostly used in RoPkg::DB class. Of course, this doesn't means that you can't use them in your application ;) .The following exceptions are derivated from DB: *) DB::Connect - raised when the connection with the database could not be established *) DB::ConnExists - raised when a connection with the same name already exists. *) DB::ConnNotFound - the requested connection was not found *) DB::NoResults - the sql query returned no results Exceptions Tree ROOT General OutsideClass File File::NotFound File::Open File::Create Dir Dir::NotFound Dir::Open Dir::Create Param Param::Missing Param::Unknown Param::Wrong DB DB::Connect DB::ConnExists DB::ConnNotFound DB::NoResults SEE ALSO
RoPkg::Utils AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> VERSION
The current version is 0.2.1 DIAGNOSTICS
The tests for this module are located in t directory. To run those tests, use the following command: make test SUBROUTINES
/METHODS This module does not have any public methods. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known to me PERL CRITIC
This module is perl critic level 1 compliant with 1 exception. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No known bugs. If you find one (or many) please send me a detailed report. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
No configuration file or environment variables are used by this module. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.8.8 2006-06-09 RoPkg::Exceptions(3pm)