Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy directory from Linux to Windows Post 302452566 by Scott on Saturday 11th of September 2010 10:04:39 AM
Old 09-11-2010
Hi.

Try with the scp command:

Code:
scp -pr /home/place/backup root@10.31.20.141:/home/place1

ps: no need to apologise. I have renamed your thread into English.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a directory from a server (UNIX) to a PC (Windows)

Hello, I already do some question about this topic. I already establish the conection from the server (Centus) whit the windows PC using SSH. Now I have two problems: 1- The server always ask me about a password to copy the files to the windows pc, I don't know how to avoid this, if someone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeestrada
2 Replies

3. Programming

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIS
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Copy directory from solaris to windows.

Hi All I am new to Unix/sloaris. I want to copy a directory (which conatins further sub directories and files)from sloaris to my windows.I am using PuTTy for it. please any one guide me how to do this or share with me some piece of script. It will be very regarded Best Wishes MIS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIS
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from linux to windows

is there any way to copy files from linux to windoes with out mounting ideally using a script in linux or windows which ever possible (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate and copy files in UNICODE format from Linux to Windows

Hi,We have an interface which extracts data from database tables, spool the records into text files, and copy those files using SFTP to a windows server location. The target system loads these files into its database using some DTS packages in SQL Server. This interface of exporting text files... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: urjagadeesh
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy everything from remote Linux to external hard drive in windows

Hi, I`m trying to copy an entire directory(with numerous files, folders and subfolders etc, a content size of 500gigs) from a linux machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to an external hard drive on my windows. I downloaded and installed psftp on my windows and I can login using psftp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux copy directory without using cp -r or any variant

Hi guys, I need a solution to copy files and folders without using cp-r , cp-R or any variants. So i need to code it manually. I allready have a loop Avans Highschool Breda the Netherlands #!bin/bash IFS=$'\n' if test "$1" = "" then wd=pwd else wd=$1 fi ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wolverine89
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modified or latest files copy from windows to Linux

To copy the file from windows to linux i use pscp command(pscp source user@destination). Know i want to copy the latest modified or created files from windows to linux. could any one please help me out with it. Thanks and Regards, Sourabh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SourabhChavan
2 Replies
pilot-read-todos(1)						    PILOT-LINK						       pilot-read-todos(1)

NAME
pilot-read-todos - Synchronize your Palm ToDo application's database with your desktop machine. SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits SYNOPSIS
pilot-read-todos [-p|--port <port>] [-q|--quiet] [-A|--archived] [-w|--write] pilot-read-todos [-f|--file file] [-A|--archived] [-w|--write] pilot-read-todos [--version] [-?|--help] [--usage] DESCRIPTION
pilot-read-todos will read the ToDo database on the Palm handheld, or read the ToDoDB.pdb file directly from disk on your desktop machine, and print the contents to STDOUT (generally the screen). Use only one of --port or --file. OPTIONS
pilot-read-todos option -f, --file file Read a local todo database file from disk for printing. Excludes --port. -A, --archived Write archived entries only, in human-readable format -w, --write Write output - every operation must include a write command. Conduit Options -p, --port port Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, pilot-read-todos will look for the $PILOT- PORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-read-todos will print the usage information. Excludes --file. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-read-todos and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-read-todos and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
Connect to a target Palm handheld and read the ToDo database, or read the ToDoDB.pdb file from disk and print the entries found to STDOUT. EXAMPLES
Read the on-Palm ToDo database, and dump to STDOUT. pilot-read-todos -w -p /dev/pilot Read the ToDoDB.pdb file on disk, and dump to STDOUT pilot-read-todos -w -f ToDoDB.pdb AUTHOR
pilot-read-todos was originally written by Kenneth Albanowski BUGS
Known Bugs pilot-read-todos does not support Notes attached to ToDo items at this time. Reporting Bugs We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
install-todo (1), install-todos (1), pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-read-todos(1)