Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rearrange the column names with comma as column delimiter Post 302452542 by durden_tyler on Saturday 11th of September 2010 03:18:20 AM
Old 09-11-2010
Code:
$ 
$ # Example file
$ cat f0.example
col1,col2,col3,col4,col5
a1,a2,a3,a4,a5
b1,b2,b3,b4,b5
$ 
$ # File with shuffled columns
$ cat f0.shuffled
col5,col3,col2,col4,col1
a5,a3,a2,a4,a1
b5,b3,b2,b4,b1
c5,c3,c2,c4,c1
d5,d3,d2,d4,d1
e5,e3,e2,e4,e1
$ 
$ # Run the Perl script, passing the example file and shuffled data file.
$ # The script reshuffles the header and data of f0.shuffled so that
$ # it matches the order of the header columns of f0.example.
$ perl -lne 'if ($.==1 && $#ARGV == 0) {
             for $k (split/,/) {$x{$k} = $i++}
           } elsif ($.==1) {
             for $k (split/,/) {push @a,$x{$k}; $b[$x{$k}] = $k}
             print join ",",@b; @b=();
           } elsif ($#ARGV == -1) {$i = 0;
             for $k (split/,/) {$n = $a[$i]; $b[$n] = $k; $i++}
             print join ",",@b; @b = ();
           }
           close ARGV if eof;
          ' f0.example f0.shuffled
col1,col2,col3,col4,col5
a1,a2,a3,a4,a5
b1,b2,b3,b4,b5
c1,c2,c3,c4,c5
d1,d2,d3,d4,d5
e1,e2,e3,e4,e5
$ 
$ # Another file with (differently) shuffled columns
$ cat f1.shuffled
col3,col5,col4,col1,col2
a3,a5,a4,a1,a2
b3,b5,b4,b1,b2
$ 
$ # Run the Perl script, passing the example file and shuffled data file.
$ # The script reshuffles the header and data of f1.shuffled so that
$ # it matches the order of the header columns of f0.example.
$ perl -lne 'if ($.==1 && $#ARGV == 0) {
             for $k (split/,/) {$x{$k} = $i++}
           } elsif ($.==1) {
             for $k (split/,/) {push @a,$x{$k}; $b[$x{$k}] = $k}
             print join ",",@b; @b=();
           } elsif ($#ARGV == -1) {$i = 0;
             for $k (split/,/) {$n = $a[$i]; $b[$n] = $k; $i++}
             print join ",",@b; @b = ();
           }
           close ARGV if eof;
          ' f0.example f1.shuffled
col1,col2,col3,col4,col5
a1,a2,a3,a4,a5
b1,b2,b3,b4,b5
$ 
$ 
$ 

tyler_durden

Last edited by durden_tyler; 09-11-2010 at 04:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change names in a column based on the symbols in another column

If the 4th column has - sign then the names in 3rd column has to change to some user defined names (as shown in output). Thanx input1 1 a aaaaa + 2 b bbbbb + 3 c ccccc + 4 d ddddd + 5 e eeeee + 6 f xxxxx + 8 h hhhhh +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose field names from column headers to values in one column

Hi All, I'm looking for a script which can transpose field names from column headers to values in one column. for example, the input is: IDa;IDb;IDc;PARAM1;PARAM2;PARAM3; a;b;c;p1val;p2val;p3val; d;e;f;p4val;p5val;p6val; g;h;i;p7val;p8val;p9val; into the output like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popesk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row with delimiter

Hi, i have data in a file f1.txt a b c d and i want to print the above column values in single line with a delimiter, say ',' The output should look like: a,b,c,d I could find rows to columns help online but not vice versa Thanks, -srinivas yelamanchili (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting comma "," for dot "." in a specific column when comma"," is a delimiter

Hi, I'm dealing with an issue and losing a lot of hours figuring out how i would solve this. I have an input file which looks like this: ('BLABLA +200-GRS','Serviço ','TarifaçãoServiço','wap.bla.us.0000000121',2985,0,55,' de conversão em escada','Dia','Domingos') ('BLABLA +200-GRR','Serviço... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore delimiter within a column

Hi, So I was trying this awk snippet awk -F, '$1 ~ /Match/' File This is my sample file output Name,Age,Nationality,Description Jack,20,American,Tall, caucasian, lean Mary,30,British,Short,white,slim I would expect expected Output to be, when a certain match is met say $1 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regex on particular column (Removing comma from particular column)?

Hi, I have pipe separated file which contains some data having comma(,) in it. I want to remove the comma(,) only from particular column without changing data in other columns. Below is the sample data file, I want to remove the comma(,) only from 5th column. $ cat file1 ABC | DEF, HIJ|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a new column with sequence number (Delimiter as comma)

Hi All, I have a file which has data like a,b c,d e,f g,h And I need to insert a new column at the begining with sequence no( 1 to n) 1,a,b 2,c,d 3,e,f 4,g,h Please let me know how to acheive this in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring values in the second column into single line (comma sep) for uniq value in the first column

I want to bring values in the second column into single line for uniq value in the first column. My input jvm01, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm01, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm01, Custom01 Shared Library jvm02, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm02, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm03, Web 2.0 Feature... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A cleaner way to rearrange column

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, index name chg_p chg_m 1 name,1 1 0 2 name,2 1 1 3 name,3 1 0 4 name,4 1 0 5 name,5 1 1 I need to duplicate the "index" column, call it "id" and insert it after the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies
LaTeX::Encode(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					LaTeX::Encode(3pm)

NAME
LaTeX::Encode - encode characters for LaTeX formatting SYNOPSIS
use LaTeX::Encode; $latex = latex_encode($text, %options); VERSION
This manual page describes version 0.03 of the "LaTeX::Encode" module. DESCRIPTION
This module provides a function to encode text that is to be formatted with LaTeX. It encodes characters that are special to LaTeX or that are represented in LaTeX by LaTeX commands. The special characters are: "" (command character), "{" (open group), "}" (end group), "&" (table column separator), "#" (parameter specifier), "%" (comment character), "_" (subscript), "^" (superscript), "~" (non-breakable space), "$" (mathematics mode). Note that some of the LaTeX commands for characters are defined in the LaTeX "textcomp" package. If your text includes such characters, you will need to include the following lines in the preamble to your LaTeX document. usepackage[T1]{fontenc} usepackage{textcomp} The function is useful for encoding data that is interpolated into LaTeX document templates, say with "Template::Plugin::Latex" (shameless plug!). SUBROUTINES
/METHODS "latex_encode($text, %options)" Encodes the specified text such that it is suitable for processing with LaTeX. The behaviour of the filter is modified by the options: "except" Lists the characters that should be excluded from encoding. By default no special characters are excluded, but it may be useful to specify "except = "\{}"" to allow the input string to contain LaTeX commands such as "this is \textbf{bold} text" (the doubled backslashes in the strings represent Perl escapes, and will be evaluated to single backslashes). "iquotes" If true then single or double quotes around words will be changed to LaTeX single or double quotes; double quotes around a phrase will be converted to "``" and "''" and single quotes to "`" and "'". This is sometimes called "intelligent quotes" "use_textcomp" By default the "latex_encode" filter will encode characters with the encodings provided by the "textcomp" LaTeX package (for example the Pounds Sterling symbol is encoded as "\textsterling{}"). Setting "use_textcomp = 0" turns off these encodings. NOT YET IMPLEMENTED EXAMPLES
The following snippet shows how data from a database can be encoded and inserted into a LaTeX table, the source of which is generated with "LaTeX::Table". my $sth = $dbh->prepare('select col1, col2, col3 from table where $expr'); $sth->execute; while (my $href = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) { my @row; foreach my $col (qw(col1 col2 col3)) { push(@row, latex_encode($href->{$col})); } push @data, @row; } my $headings = [ [ 'Col1', 'Col2', 'Col3' ] ]; my $table = LaTeX::Table->new( { caption => 'My caption', label => 'table:caption', type => 'xtab', header => $header, data => @data } ); my $table_text = $table->generate_string; Now $table_text can be interpolated into a LaTeX document template. DIAGNOSTICS
None. You could probably break the "latex_encode" function by passing it an array reference as the options, but there are no checks for that. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
Not applicable. DEPENDENCIES
The "HTML::Entities" and "Pod::LaTeX" modules were used for building the encoding table in "LaTeX::Encode::EncodingTable", but this is not rebuilt at installation time. The "LaTeX::Driver" module is used for formatting the character encodings reference document. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Not all LaTeX special characters are included in the encoding tables (more may be added when I track down the definitions). The "use_textcomp" option is not implemented. AUTHOR
Andrew Ford <a.ford@ford-mason.co.uk> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin::Latex perl v5.10.0 2007-10-02 LaTeX::Encode(3pm)