Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Publishing HTML Page
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Publishing HTML Page Post 302452483 by mark54g on Friday 10th of September 2010 03:57:43 PM
Old 09-10-2010
Another option would be to have the script move your last doc to another folder and then automatically share the current directory with:
Code:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer

Then that dir is shared out on port 8000. You can killall python at any point to stop the web server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
2 Replies

3. Web Development

findstr in html page

I am planning to create an html page that will count number of connected ports, challenge for me is how to put it in a page. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

5. Web Development

How to auto update html page

is there any way to auto update html page. I created html page entry.html, whenever i change in html script i need to refresh my page. If not in html, can we do this in any other language and how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RohitKJ
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract url from html page?

for example, I have an html file, contain <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a>and sometime a line contains more then one link, for example <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a><a href="http://bwebsite" id="bwebsite"... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
36 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

9. Programming

C++: get html page and store it in string

Hello all, I want to write c++ program which will get html page content, put it in std::string variable, and finally print it to stdout. Which tool can I use to get this effect? Is cUrl good solution ? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new_item
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the html page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need mention this page in my web browser to access it. Without apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arasu
1 Replies
UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)

NAME
update-python-modules - byte-compile python modules SYNOPSIS
update-python-modules [options] [package.public [...]] DESCRIPTION
The update-python-modules command is part of the python-support bundle. update-python-modules is responsible for the byte-compilation of python modules. When used in byte-compilation mode, it will byte-compile modules references in the files given on the command line. When used in installation mode, it will byte-compile them once for each installed python version, and will make them available for all of them. At each invocation, with or without arguments, update-python-modules will check for installed python versions, and will build or remove modules according to new or removed versions since the last time it was run. ARGUMENTS
Arguments must be files or directories located in the /usr/share/python-support directory. Depending on their extension, they are treated differently. package.public A file listing public modules to install for each version. These modules must lie in /usr/share/pyshared or /usr/lib/pyshared. package.private A file listing private modules to byte-compile for one Python version. package/ A legacy directory hierarchy of public modules. The C extensions and portions that change with the Python version are to be found in /usr/lib/python-support/pythonX.Y/package/. package.dirs A legacy file listing directories where to find private modules. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Detail all actions while they are performed. -b, --bytecompile Only accept to work on private modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -i, --install Only accept to work on public modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -c, --clean Clean modules instead of installing them. -a, --rebuild-all Rebuild all private modules. This is necessary when the default python version was changed, for example. -f, --force-rebuild-all Clean all modules (public and private), and rebuild them. FILES
/usr/lib/pymodules/pythonX.Y/ These directories contain the byte-compiled modules for version pythonX.Y. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>. 18 Feb 2009 UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)