Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hostbased Authentication
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Hostbased Authentication Post 302452377 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of September 2010 07:16:21 AM
Old 09-10-2010
As part of ssh or just as a tcp wrapper like using /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Authentication

I would like to know how to validate an unix password from shell script (If is possible) Thanks very much ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan_o_morillo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netcat with Authentication?

I'd like to do a data transfer without encryption but with a guarantee that my data comes from a legit source. I'm thinking something that uses a public key scheme to sign the data. Does anyone know of something like that? Thanks! -Pileofrogs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pileofrogs
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

authentication of new user

I recently registered, but never received the email with the instructions for authenticating my account. I confirmed my email in in the profile looks correct. I found and clicked the link to resend the authentication email. I clicked that link two days ago and I still don't have the email. It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwallace
1 Replies

4. Solaris

authentication problem

Sir, We are using windows amd solaris systems on my company when ever we are sharing the files from windows to solaris it was asking authentication as a administrator i can share the if normal user wants to share the files from windows to solaris every time i have to go and type the username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

5. Linux

evolution authentication

We are using fedora 8 on my system in that we are using evolution for checking mail we have configured mail server on fedora 8 in another system earlier when i was open the evolution it was asking password for authentication from last two days whenever i open the evolution it was not asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

samba authentication

Hi friends, I have a requirement is to authenticate samba users seperately. 1. Linux samba server 2. Linux Client 3. Need to mount samba share on linux client permanently without providing credentials. 4. when user is accessing that mount point need to be prompted for credentials. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM authentication.

I have applied pam authentication for local users as highlighted in below file. # cat /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run. auth required pam_env.so auth sufficient pam_unix.so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Authentication Failed

Hi everyone ... ( Linux Cent OS ) i cant login as root user in my lab machine ... i did give correct root and root passwd ..but it showing Authentication Failed ... plz help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Authentication in Jenkins

What do you guys use for authentication on Jenkins? We are currently not using anything and I am attempting to use AD, however when I have it enabled, the jenkins CLI does not allow my slaves to register anonymously.. which is understandable, however I cannot find the proper syntax for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
0 Replies

10. SuSE

Authentication with PAM

Hello all, I recently updated PAM policy files (pam_authz.policy) on HP-UX Servers with AD groups involving allowing and denying the certain groups.. Could anyone tell me what is the equivalent mechanism in SLES(Linux)? Is it possible to allow/deny AD group access with the SLES LDAP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcclaj0
0 Replies
TCPDCHK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							TCPDCHK(8)

NAME
tcpdchk - tcp wrapper configuration checker SYNOPSYS
tcpdchk [-a] [-d] [-i inet_conf] [-v] DESCRIPTION
tcpdchk examines your tcp wrapper configuration and reports all potential and real problems it can find. The program examines the tcpd access control files (by default, these are /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny), and compares the entries in these files against entries in the inetd or tlid network configuration files. tcpdchk reports problems such as non-existent pathnames; services that appear in tcpd access control rules, but are not controlled by tcpd; services that should not be wrapped; non-existent host names or non-internet address forms; occurrences of host aliases instead of official host names; hosts with a name/address conflict; inappropriate use of wildcard patterns; inappropriate use of NIS netgroups or references to non-existent NIS netgroups; references to non-existent options; invalid arguments to options; and so on. Where possible, tcpdchk provides a helpful suggestion to fix the problem. OPTIONS
-a Report access control rules that permit access without an explicit ALLOW keyword. This applies only when the extended access control language is enabled (build with -DPROCESS_OPTIONS). -d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdchk is unable to find your inetd.conf or tlid.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. -v Display the contents of each access control rule. Daemon lists, client lists, shell commands and options are shown in a pretty- printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the program understands. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdmatch(8), explain what tcpd would do in specific cases. hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. tlid.conf(5), format of the tlid control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDCHK(8)