Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files based on integer part only Post 302452313 by rdcwayx on Friday 10th of September 2010 01:08:30 AM
Old 09-10-2010
Code:
awk -F \. '{a=$1;b=$0 ;getline< "fileb"}{if ($1!=a)print b "|" $0}' filea

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get integer part

Hi, I did a df|awk| command and it returns a percentage "94%", how could I only get the integer part "94" out of it, so I can compare it to another number, I knwo that I have to pipe it to sth, but "grep " did not work, it still give me number WITH the percentage, does someone know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Report of duplicate files based on part of the filename

I have the files logged in the file system with names in the format of : filename_ordernumber_date_time eg: file_1_12012007_1101.txt file_2_12022007_1101.txt file_1_12032007_1101.txt I need to find out all the files that are logged multiple times with same order number. In the above eg, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files?

Hiiiii friends I have 2 files which contains huge data & few lines of it are as shown below File1: b.dat(which has 21 columns) SSR 1976 8 12 13 10 44.00 39.0700 70.7800 7.0 0 0.00 0 2.78 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 2.78 0 NULL ISC 1976 8 12 22 32 37.39 36.2942 70.7338... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files based on columns

Hi Experts, Is there a way to compare 2 files by columns and print matching cases. I have 2 files as below, I want cases where col1 and col2 in f1 matches col1 and col2 in f2 to be printed as output. The separator is space. I want the output to have col1 col2 col 3 from both files printed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare three files based on two fields

Guys, I tried searching on the internet and I couldn't get the answer for this problem. I have 3 files. First 2 fields of all of them are of same type, say they come from various databases but first two fields in the 3 files means the same. I need to verify the entries that are not present... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on size (string to integer)

I have a log file that I want to archive out as it reaches 100MB. I am using the following to get the file size into a variable but get the error "line 5: filesize=$(wc -c < logfile.log) if then echo "is greater than 100M" else echo "is less than 100M" fi I'm sure there's something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flakman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in a folder based on another file

I have a file named file.txt that looks as follows //class1.txt 45 234 67 89 90 //class2.txt 456 34 78 89 120 class1 and class2.txt are the names of files in a folder named folder1. The content of class1.txt file in folder1 67 9 89 5 234 9The content of class2.txt file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaff rufus
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simpler way to do this (save a list of files based on part of their name)

Hello, I have a script that checks every file with a specific extension in a specific directory. The file names contain some numerical output and I am recording the file names with the best n outcomes. The script finds all files in the directory with the extension .out.txt and uses awk to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on column

Hi, I have two files roughly 1200 fields in length for each row, sorted on the 2nd field. I need to compare based on that 2nd column between file1 and file2 and print lines that exist in both files into separate files (I can't guarantee that every line in file1 is in file2). Example: File1: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origon
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)