Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting renaming files or adding a name in the beginning of all files in a folder Post 302452280 by kurumi on Thursday 9th of September 2010 08:27:57 PM
Old 09-09-2010
Code:
shopt -s nullglob
for f in *.msa
do
  echo mv "$f" "core_${f}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error by renaming all the files in a folder

Hi All, I have a folder name as postscript folder and it contains the following postscript files. package1.ps package2.ps package3.ps when i am renaming all the ps files to xps files by using the following command mv /postscript/*.ps /postscript/*.xps Then i am getting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Renaming all files in a folder

Guys, i need to replace a particular pattern in lots of files in a folder with another pattern . Is there any command line script I can use to do the functionality. Eg: aalex > ls green_1234_colour.max red_1234_pen.max yellow1234flower.max Need to replace the 1234 in the file name with 9876... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appualex
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files in a folder

I splited a file into parts, then i wrote a script to convert the format of the file names to this: part1.dat part2.dat but I wonder why part.dat is also created knowing that the k variable starts from 1 rm -f part* $(split -b $1 file.1 part_) set k = 1 for i in $(ls part_*) do mv -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in a folder

Hi , Need help to rename the files in a folder. The .xml needs to be removed from the middle and appended to the end as in the example shown . Example From: TestMessage.xml2010-10-19_20_21_08 TestMessage.xml2010-10-20_20_21_09 TestMessage.xml2010-10-21_20_21_08... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_chari
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming multiple files in a folder

Hi All, I am trying to change the XML filename in a folder to the rootelement in the XML file. Example: TestMsg2010-10-19_20_20_54.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <R1Msg TimeStamp="2010-10-19T08:49:08.000000Z> <TestRec> <ID>1000</ID> </TestRec> </R1Msg> Wanted to extract the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_chari
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with renaming files in folder

Hello, I want to rename more than 100 files. These files have "?" in there existing file name but I want to rename files to there first part before "?" token. I have tried using for loop but it isn't working so help following is the sample filename and for loop that am trying to use: example of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls_lrta
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files in a folder

Hi, Hope someone can help... I'm pretty much new to unix and can only do basic commands. I have an issue where by every day I need to schedule a job to look in a folder with a name format of .IP. will be different each day (when the day is over the folder extension changes), and rename any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harsharan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files in a folder

Hi, I have 1000 *.txt files in a folder and I would like to rename them data1.txt through data1000.txt. The order does not matter or the names of the initial input files. How would I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files & folder according to the similarities in filenames

hello does someone want to help me for this one ? i want to rename files & a folder according to the similarities in filenames for example : the file with the good name cglogo tougl1953 dgmel bogd 01 -- ttgductoog ggdté gollogtd.ext1the others files needed to be renamed cglogo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mc2z674gj
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a text at the beginning of a text files in a folder?

how to add a text ( surya) at the beginning of a text files (so many) in folder text file: 111111 555555 666666 result: surya 111111 555555 666666 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies
GEOIP_REGION_NAME_BY_CODE(3)						 1					      GEOIP_REGION_NAME_BY_CODE(3)

geoip_region_name_by_code - Returns the region name for some country and region code combo

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_region_name_by_code (string $country_code, string $region_code) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_region_name_by_code(3) function will return the region name corresponding to a country and region code combo. In the United States, the region code corresponds to the two-letter abbreviation of each state. In Canada, the region code corresponds to the two-letter province or territory code as attributed by Canada Post. For the rest of the world, GeoIP uses FIPS 10-4 codes to represent regions. You can check http://www.maxmind.com/app/fips10_4 for a detailed list of FIPS 10-4 codes. This function is always available if using GeoIP Library version 1.4.1 or newer. The data is taken directly from the GeoIP Library and not from any database. PARAMETERS
o $country_code - The two-letter country code (see geoip_country_code_by_name(3)) o $region_code - The two-letter (or digit) region code (see geoip_region_by_name(3)) RETURN VALUES
Returns the region name on success, or FALSE if the country and region code combo cannot be found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_region_name_by_code(3) example using region code for US/Canada This will print the region name for country CA (Canada), region QC (Quebec). <?php $region = geoip_region_name_by_code('CA', 'QC'); if ($region) { echo 'Region name for CA/QC is: ' . $region; } ?> The above example will output: Region name for CA/QC is: Quebec Example #2 A geoip_region_name_by_code(3) example using FIPS codes This will print the region name for country JP (Japan), region 01. <?php $region = geoip_region_name_by_code('JP', '01'); if ($region) { echo 'Region name for JP/01 is: ' . $region; } ?> The above example will output: Region name for JP/01 is: Aichi PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_REGION_NAME_BY_CODE(3)