Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv Post 302452151 by LuffyDMonkey on Thursday 9th of September 2010 11:39:27 AM
Old 09-09-2010
Question Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv

Good day Gurus,

I have a csv file that contains an inventory of active servers. This csv file contains a well over a hundred systems (IBM, SUN, HP). It also contains those systems details. See below for an example

Code:
hostA,invver,1.02,20100430
hostA,date,08/30/2010,06:18
hostA,use,"Unknown Server Use"
hostA,os,"5.2.0.0","5200-10-04-0750","IBM,7029-6C3","0004DBAC4C00"
hostA,obp,Sat Aug 28 20:34:22 2010
hostA,mem,2048 MB
hostA,platform,IBM,7029-6C3
hostA,serial,"104DBAC"
hostA,hostid,"0xcfc0213b"
hostB,invver,1.05,20100526
hostB,date,08/30/2010,06:18
hostB,use,"unknown-server"
hostB,os,"5.10","142900-12","sun4u","SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise"
hostB,obp,"4.24.11"
hostB,mem,65536
hostB,platform,"Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server"
hostB,serial,"BEF0949C7D"
hostB,hostid,"854574e2"

All I really need is the data from hostname, server platform, serial, and hostid fields. I have a script that will do that.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash

nawk -F'[,]' '/platform/ {print $1":", $3}; /hostid/ {print $0};
                 /serial/ {print $0}
        ' inventory.csv | sed -e 's/\"//g' > host.txt

The output from my code:
Code:
hostA: IBM
hostA,serial,104DBAC
hostA,hostid,0xcfc0213b
hostB: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server
hostB,serial,BEF0949C7D
hostB,hostid,854574e2

This code works great. But what I stumped on is, how to pull the data only on the SUN inventory? If anyone have any ideas let me know. I really don't care code I use.

Thanks,
Luffy Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling different fields from a csv file

Hi, I have a requirment where I need to pull different columns from a .csv file. Here is the sample of the csv file. account,item,flag1,flag2,flag3,flag4,flag5,......feed,tran I will be have a config.txt file which will have the following information. item,flag5,flag10,feed,tran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdevula
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading 2 CSV files and filtering data based on group

I have two CSV files in the following format: First file: GroupID, PID:TID, IP, Port Sample data: 0,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 0,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,800 1,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 1,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,900 2,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 2,-1:-1,180.0.0.3,900 Second file: IP,Port,PID Sample data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from xml

Hi there, Please could anyone help with this. I have an xml file that contains repeating values eg <Rule name> AAAAA <Action> BBBBB </Action> <Data> CCCCC </Data> <Type> DDDDD </Type> </Rule name> <Rule name> A1A1A1A1 <Action> B1B1B1B1 </Action> <Data> C1C1C1C </Data> <Type>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssideel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx

Hello, fellow computer junkies. First time poster! My boss wrote an application (Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8) that checks a user's security settings. The user runs the application, then it spits out an email that is sent back to our inbox showing the results. On our end, we have a mail rule... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with csv filtering

Hello everyone, i am stuck with a task i was meant to do so i came here. So i have a .csv file which structure is : year;temperature;precipitation 2012;32;483 2006;28;517 ... I want to note that it is in fact ";" not a space, which a new file named <old-name>-new.txt, the first line must ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp123
2 Replies
dr(7d)								      Devices								    dr(7d)

NAME
dr, drmach, ngdr, ngdrmach - Sun Enterprise 10000 dynamic reconfiguration driver SYNOPSIS
dr drmach ngdr ngdrmach DESCRIPTION
The dynamic reconfiguration (DR) driver consists of a platform-independent driver and a platform-specific module. The DR driver uses stan- dard features of the Solaris operating environment whenever possible to control DR operations and calls the platform specific module as needed. The DR driver creates minor nodes in the file system that serve as attachment points for DR operations. The DR driver provides a pseudo-driver interface to sequence attach and detach operations on system boards using file system entry points referred to as "attachment points." The attachment point form depends on the platform. Sun Enterprise 10000 Server On the Sun Enterprise 10000 server, the DR driver consists of a platform-independent driver (ngdr) and a platform-specific module (ngdr- mach). The domain configuration server (DCS) accepts DR requests from the system services processor (SSP) and uses the libcfgadm(3LIB) interface to initiate the DR operation. After the operation is performed, the results are returned to the SSP. For more information about the DCS on the Sun Enterprise 10000, refer to the dcs(1M) man page and the Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide. The DR driver creates physical attachment points for system board slots that takes the following form: /devices/pseudo/ngdr@0:SBx Where x represents the slot number (0 to 15) for a particular board. The cfgadm_sbd(1M) plugin creates dynamic attachment points that refer to components on system boards, including CPUs, memory, or I/O devices. Refer to the cfgadm_sbd(1M) man page for more details. SEE ALSO
cfgadm_sbd(1M), ioctl(2), libcfgadm(3LIB) Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2003 dr(7d)