Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Sun Cluster on ZFS root pools Post 302452115 by bluescreen on Thursday 9th of September 2010 09:23:32 AM
Old 09-09-2010
Let me re-phrase my question: If I have two systems that I installed Solaris 10u8 onto ZFS, can I cluster these systems?

Thanks in Advance!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Resize LUNs and zfs-pool on sun cluster

Hi, I need to increase the size of a zfs filesystem, which lies on two mirrored san luns root@xxxx1:/tttt/DB-data-->zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT xxxx-data-zpool 3.97G 2.97G 1.00G 74% ONLINE / xxxx-logs-zpool ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot label 'c0t5000CCA0251EF65Cd0': EFI labeled devices are not supported on root pools

I'm running Solaris 10 u9. I just applied the April quarterly patch cluster. I'm trying to mirror the boot disk which is using zfs, something I've done before w/o problems prior to the patch cluster install. disk=c0t5000CCA0251D9514d0;mirrordisk=c0t5000CCA0251EF65Cd0;echo $disk $mirrordisk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Flash Archive Jumpstart with multiple ZFS Pools

Hi, I'm trying to get a Flash Archive Jumpstart Running with ZFS Filesystem. For Testing I set up a VirtualBox VM with 2 Disks attached. On the first disk I have the ZFS root pool, on the second Disk I have some more ZFS Pools which I use for 2 additional Zones I've set up. Restoring works fine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NoelzeN
1 Replies
zdb(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   zdb(1M)

NAME
zdb - ZFS debugger SYNOPSIS
zdb pool DESCRIPTION
The zdb command is used by support engineers to diagnose failures and gather statistics. Since the ZFS file system is always consistent on disk and is self-repairing, zdb should only be run under the direction by a support engineer. If no arguments are specified, zdb, performs basic consistency checks on the pool and associated datasets, and report any problems detected. Any options supported by this command are internal to Sun and subject to change at any time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The pool is consistent. 1 An error was detected. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzfsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zfs(1M), zpool(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2005 zdb(1M)