Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete a directory after X number of days Post 302452050 by jkhan69 on Thursday 9th of September 2010 03:47:23 AM
Old 09-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
The moral of this story is to test the "find" statement thoroughly before spawning powerful commands like "rm -rf".
Nice one mate.. Like it Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files which are 7 days old

Hi all, how to write a script that will indentify the files in a directory which are 7 days old and delete those files. Thanks in advance Cheers Arunava (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files over 30 days

I have a directory that contains files. I would like the command that deletes all files that are over 30 days old. Delete files based on creation date and not modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete last 10 days logs

Hi Can u please tell me how to delete last 10 days logs .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete three days from date

i want to delete three days from system date ... date -3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a file after 3 days

Hi.. Am using diff to compare 2 directories(A & B) and as ouput i get a list of files which are found only in directory B ( I used grep & sed to create the list). Now I want to delete the files which are found only in dir B after 3 days. Please help me with this. Thanks CoolAtt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete directory after 3 days

Dear all, I have a directory /homes/zak in which I have a number of directories which are created on a daily basis thus: 02-MAY-10 03-MAY-10 04-MAY-10 05-MAY-10 I want to script the clean up of these directories, so I only keep two days worth, so for example anything over 2 days... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 10 Days in a directory

Hi All I want to remove the files with name like data*.csv from the directory older than 10 days. If there is no files exists to remove older than 10 days, It should not do anything. Thanks Jo (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshjohney
9 Replies

9. AIX

Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days

how do i remove sub directories of a directory and all files which are older than 7 days by a single command in AIX. pls help me. I am using command as #find /gpfs1/home/vinod/hpc/ -depth -type d -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \; so i want to delete all sub directories and all files from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodkmpal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files 30 days old

Will this work to delete files 30 days old in $backupDir or is there a better way to do it? find $backupDir -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)