Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - multi-line regex syntax eval puzzle Post 302452001 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 8th of September 2010 09:42:44 PM
Old 09-08-2010
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{RS="cn:";FS="\n"} NF>3 {print RS,$1} ' infile

cn:  kyu
cn:  rgallerdo

Last edited by rdcwayx; 09-09-2010 at 02:22 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex multi line cut

hello mighty all there's a file with lots of comments.. some of them looks like: =comment blabla blablabla bla =cut i'm trying to cut this out completely with this code: $line=~s/^=.+?=cut//sg; but no luck also tryed to change it abit but still I don't understand how the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

EVAL syntax problems

Hi there As part of a larger script I need to put the output of an ls into a variable which has an incremental number. ie nathan@nathan-Vostro-1700:~$ eval 'proc'$val='`ls -ld /proc/9467`' nathan@nathan-Vostro-1700:~$ echo $proc0 dr-xr-xr-x 8 nathan nathan 0 2012-05-02 09:21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathan.harris
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with multi lines from a var

I am trying to find a line in a file ("Replace_Flag") and replace it with a variable which hold a multi lined file. myVar=`cat myfile` sed -e 's/Replace_Flag/'$myVar'/' /pathto/test.file myfile: cat dog boy girl mouse house test.file: football hockey Replace_Flag baseball ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bblondin
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiple multi line blocks of text containing pattern

Hi, I have a log file which has sessionids in it, each block in the log starts with a date entry, a block may be a single line or multiple lines. I need to sed (or awk) out the lines/blocks with that start with a date and include the session id. The files are large at several Gb. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line regex for search and replace

I have text file like below: a.txt Server=abc Run=1 Time=120.123 Tables=10 Sessions=16 Time=380.123 Version=1.1 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=2 Time=160.123 Tables=15 Sessions=16 Time=400.258 Version=2.0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another sed Syntax Puzzle . . .

Greetings! Have a quick question for the community today; this time looking at a nifty little sed puzzle ;) Consider the following file content to be worked through:What needs to happen is theblock should be removed up to and including the following blank line, leavingI have bits and pieces... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multi-line sed not to run if regex is found

Hello, everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I have nagios config files for which I'm adding the custom variable _mac_address. I have a sed script that places this variable into an existing file. The problem I'm having is if a line in the file is commented out, I don't want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBass
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)