Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE Post 302451837 by pludi on Wednesday 8th of September 2010 07:29:29 AM
Old 09-08-2010
There's one process that seems out of bounds (4th column is %CPU used):
Code:
    root   390     1 95 02:48:50       ?    00:29:07 /usr/lbin/lpd -G

Check the printing configuration and log files for any oddities.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. Solaris

In Solaris Zones Dedicated-Cpu Performance?

Hi All, While creating zone we will mention min and max cpu cores, like add dedicated-cpu set ncpus=NUM_CPUS_MIN-NUM_CPUS_MAX end Ques1: Suppose thing that non global zone uses only minimum cores at particular time What the other cores will do, Will it shared to global zone? Ques:2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vmware 7 unixware 7.13 network problems

i need help, i will always accord mine if my scope allows me, help me in this one.. am running vmware 7.0 in winserver 2008 on a cq61-425el, my network driver is installed correctly. and my vmware network drivers have added as well (in the device manager section). During installation i wasnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baitz
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Performance - CPU spiking

We have a DB server which is constantly utilised above 95% above. This is becoming nuisance when the monitoring team frequently calls to check on it. Frankly I do not know what to tweak or even interpret the outputs. I noticed constant 30 to 60% in wio column of the cpu utilisation. There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar63
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX CPU performance script ?

I want to write a shell script which will print AIX CPU utilization memory utilization every 5 mins redirect to file. How do i do it? Please advise. Which commands I should use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 6.0 & VMware problems

I've moved a physical server over to VMWare ESXi 5.1 using SCO 6.0 with MP4. For whatever reason, people are occasionally getting kicked out or are closing out their telnet session and it is leaving their processes running. When this happens, the sar %idle drops from 98-95% down to 25-20%. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlitos71
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies

9. AIX

CPU performance

In my oracle db server we have 15 cores (power8). The output of the vmstat is as below. System configuration: lcpu=128 mem=208800MB ent=16.00 kthr memory page faults cpu time -----------... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
18 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

MySQL Performance Problems

Just restarted MySQL a few times. There seems to be a problem with MySQL performance because one table (our man page table) is too large and I need to move that table to a new database and out of the main forums DB. That table is over 7 GB, bigger than the rest of the DB combined: ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies
thailpof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       thailpof(8)

NAME
thailpof - Generic filter for printing Thai text files SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/thailpof [-c] [-h host] [-H] [-i indent] [-l length] [-n login] [-P printer_id] [-S] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Thai characters. Enables half-height printing mode. In printers without a one-pass printing mode, Thai characters are printed on 3 levels, or 3 lines. When half-height printing mode is enabled, the 3 levels are printed in 1.5 lines, which improves the appearance of output. The cost of this improvement is slower print- ing speed. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 22. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Thai characters. Specifies the printer ID in the format that conforms to the Wototo Specification. This format is [bb][mm][nn] where: Is the brand ID, representing the brand of the printer. Is the model ID, representing the model of the printer. Is the code ID, specifying the character code used by the printer. Enables space- compensation mode. Many of the existing tools for text alignment cannot handle nonspacing characters properly. When printing output from such tools, enabling space-compensation mode improves alignment of output text. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 80. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The thailpof filter is a generic print filter for Thai text files. The filter handles the device dependencies of printers and performs accounting functions. At print job completion times, accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in /etc/print- cap. The filter can handle plain text files and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. Either kind of file can contain Thai characters. The thailpof filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the proper control sequences for the printer. The thailpof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For a description of these fields, see printcap(4). To print Thai characters on the flag page using 3-pass mode, you must specify /usr/lbin/thailpof in the of field of the /etc/printcap file. In 3-pass mode, however, the flag page is not printed on one page. Therefore, if you do not plan to print Thai characters on the flag page, or if you are using one-pass mode, do not specify /usr/lbin/thailpof in the of field. NOTES
The lpr command supports a number of options and associated arguments to enable localization features supported by various printers. The following can be used with the thailpof filter: To specify one-and-a-half line printing To enable space-compensation mode. To specify the pathname of the character code table For a complete description of this option and its associated arguments or values, refer to lpr(1). ERRORS
The lf field (default value is /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error log. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpr(1), pr(1), lpd(8), pac(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) thailpof(8)