Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Details: Text was empty (or contained only whitespace) Post 302451808 by dailyadm on Wednesday 8th of September 2010 05:46:07 AM
Old 09-08-2010
Data Details: Text was empty (or contained only whitespace)

Hi.

I have got a sun server with solaris 10.
And after reboot when I try to launch any applications from solaris launch panel I get a mistake:

Cannot launch entry
Details: Text was empty (or contained only whitespace)

How to repair? Smilie
I have the second sun server where there isn't that mistake. So I can compare conf, files, pakages....but what?
Details: Text was empty (or contained only whitespace)-solaris1jpg
Details: Text was empty (or contained only whitespace)-solaris2jpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in a text file - whitespace problem.

Hi, Say I have this text file <copy.out> that contains a list of files/directories to be copied out to a different location. $ more copy.out dir1/file1 dir1/file2 dir1/file3 "dir1/white space" dir1/file4 If I do the following: $copy=`more copy.out` $echo $copy dir1/file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a text file is empty or not (using ls -s)

Hello, I want to make a script which says if a text file is empty or not. I tried two ways of making it, but I have problems with both of them. Now I think that the better way is the ls -s solution (considering that an empty text file has a 0 weight, because "cat file.txt" fails when file is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match (whitespace digits whitespace) sequence?

Hi Following is an example line. echo "192.22.22.22 \"33dffwef\" 200 300 dsdsd" | sed "s:\(\ *\ \):\1:" I want it's output to be 200 However this is not the case. Can you tell me how to do it? I don't want to use AWK for this. Secondly, how can i fetch just 300? Should I use "\2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahanali
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed insert text at first line of empty file

I can't seem to get sed to allow me to insert text in the first line of an empty file. I have a file.txt that is a 0 byte file. I want sed to insert " fooBar" onto the first line. I've tried a few options and nothing seems to work. They work just fine if there's text in the file tho. Help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why are my text files sometimes empty when I make a read to them?

My implementation: I have a script Caller.sh that runs in the background that continuously calls the following scripts: createtext.sh createtext2.sh createtext3.sh Each of these scripts does the following (but with different text file names): #! /bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etranman1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text into empty file

I have an awk script to extract data from several files and create output in the following format as a csv file: xxxx 01/04/12 0001 0 When data is present, I have a file. When no data is available in the input files, I would still like to create a file that looks like this: xxxx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: banjo25
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert text if column empty

Hi, I want to insert the text 'Unknown' in 2 specific columns in a csv file (actually | separated) if the column is blank. Its always the same columns. I have tried using sed: sed "s/||/|Unknown|/g" but there are occasion where other fields are blank and they need to be left blank. This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksexton
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum numeric columns contained in a plain text file

Hi everyone, Here are the contents of a plain text file created by a SQL query: SUM(T.TRNQTY) COUNT(D.TRNSEQ) ---------------- ---------------- 1380 46 1393 59 2680 134 740 37 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove empty field in a text file?

Hi all, I want to remove empty field in a text file. I tried to used sed. But it failed. Input: LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd 1000560 G AG AG LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd 1005621 G AG LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd 1011214 A AG AG LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd 1011673 T CT CT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
3 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)