Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script - search a file and perform some action Post 302451761 by gauravah on Wednesday 8th of September 2010 03:13:41 AM
Old 09-08-2010
shell script - search a file and perform some action

hi,

i have a service on unix platform, it will generate traces in a particular folder
i want to check using shell script if traces exist, then perform some action else continue to be in loop.
filename is service.tra

can you please help?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action file name written to the pipe

Hello, I have a script that monitors files uploaded via ftp. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. There is another program that reads this pipe and allows automatically run any program or script ( say test.sh ) to process the newly uploaded file. cat test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in searching 2 files for strings then perform an action

I have 2 files. I basically want to search both of them to see if the 1st column ($1) matches and if it matches then check to see if the 2nd column ($2) matches, then execute some code showing the results of the matches. File 1: AAA 123 misc blah BBB 456 CCC 789 File 2: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform action on newest line in log using tail?

I don't quite know what I'm doing, so this simple script is proving a challenge. Here is some pseudo code that doesn't work yet: if tail -1 "WORKING.txt" >/dev/null | egrep "^NMBR=*" > /dev/null then curl -k 'http://www.myserver.com/log.cgi?input=$?' echo "hi there" fi Purpose:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihewidd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access files from different directories and to perform search action in those files?

Hi, I want to access files from different directories (for example: /home/dir1/file1 , /home/dir2/file2 ...) Like this i have to access these files(file1, file2...). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script to read a tab delimited file and perform simple tasks

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hello! I need help with this problem bash shell scripting that basically just reads the data in a tab delimited file and does the following below 1. Read in the data file Survey.txt and assign the column values to variables of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith6932
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform an action if certain text exist in output (PERL)

Hello, I'm attempting to write a tool that checks an IP address for existing PTR records then if there are no PTR records does a ping to see if it response. Then if there is no response, it should print a message saying This is what I have so far. #!/usr/bin/perl $nxdomain =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies
WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)					 1				    WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)

win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher - Registers the script with the SCM, so that it can act as the service with the given name

SYNOPSIS
mixed win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher (string $name) DESCRIPTION
When launched via the Service Control Manager, a service process is required to "check-in" with it to establish service monitoring and communication facilities. This function performs the check-in by spawning a thread to handle the lower-level communication with the service control manager. Once started, the service process should do 2 things. The first is to tell the Service Control Manager that the service is running. This is achieved by calling win32_set_service_status(3) with the WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING constant. If you need to perform some lengthy process before the service is actually running, then you can use the WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING constant. The second is to continue to check-in with the service control manager so that it can determine if it should terminate. This is achieved by periodically calling win32_get_last_control_message(3) and handling the return code appropriately. PARAMETERS
o $name - The short-name of the service, as registered by win32_create_service(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3) example Check if the service is runnig under the SCM. <?php if (!win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher('dummyphp')) { die("I'm probably not running under the service control manager"); } win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING); // Some lengthy process to get this service up and running. win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING); while (WIN32_SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP != win32_get_last_control_message()) { # do some work here, trying not to take more than around 30 seconds # before coming back into the loop again } ?> SEE ALSO
win32_set_service_status(3), win32_get_last_control_message(3), Win32 Error Codes. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)