Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Allocating available space to file system Post 302451669 by Scott on Tuesday 7th of September 2010 05:34:50 PM
Old 09-07-2010
Hi.

You could try:

Code:
lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev-mapper/VolGroup00/LogVol00
resize2fs /dev-mapper/VolGroup00/LogVol00

(I guess this is fairly dependent on some factors, which are not obvious from your post)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Root File system Space

Hi I'm using HP-UX 11.00, the root file system is as shown below. Several time it reach 100% used, to free some space I use to reboot the system. What can I do to free some space without rebooting the machine? Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-allocating hard drive space

Hi, Is their an easy way to realloate hard drive space on Solaris 10. For example : /c20td0 10G /space 90 G I would like to move some of the hard-drive space from "/space" and add it to "/c20td0". In Windows this can be easily done using Partition magic, anything similar for UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Lost space on file system

Hi everybody, I got a problem on my SUN server in Solaris 9. I'll try to explain, if somebody could help me. I have mounted some volumes in RAID 0+1, that is stripped slices and then mirror. To be clear the result of metastat d80 is as follow : d80: Mirror Submirror 0: d81 State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allocating swap space on solaris 9

Hi, I have a solaris 9-sparc box, which after bouncing is giving swap space related error messages(that swap space is not enough). could it be possible that there was some command issued or setting made before bouncing, which was lost after bouncing? please let me know how i can add swap space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get free space of file system

Hi guys, I'm trying to get free space in GB of file system into parameter. I have the following code: > cat get_free_space_FS.ksh #! /bin/ksh FS=/dw/mar FreeSpace=`df -h | grep $FS | awk '{print $4}'` echo $FreeSpace > ./get_free_space_FS.ksh 362G My question is ,how can I cut in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

allocating space for samba users

I have installed samba by cmd yup install samba -a and configured my samba server.But i want my samba users to lo-gin from windows users and contain allocated amount of space. plz help me............ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris file system space

Hi Experts, I have query regarding output of df command. $ df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-161 191987712 6004395 140577816 5% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

9. AIX

No space in the file system

A file system has reached 100%. I have tried adding space using chfs -a size=+100 command to that file system. However, the % used is not decreasing from 100%. Is there a way to add more space? Also, can someone suggest a script to send a mail alert when a file system is reaching 90%. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allocating Unallocated Drive Space from a SAN to a filesystem

Good Morning everyone, I want to know how to allocate unallocated drive space from a SAN to a file system that desperately needs the drive space. Does anyone have any documentation or tips on how to accomplish this? I am running on AIX version 6.1. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanco
2 Replies
LVEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVEXTEND(8)

NAME
lvextend - extend the size of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvextend [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--noudevsync] [-i|--stripes Stripes [-I|--stripesize StripeSize]] {-l|--extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] | -L|--size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]} [-f|--force] [-n|--nofsck] [-r|--resizefs] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [PhysicalVolumePath[:PE[-PE]]...] DESCRIPTION
lvextend allows you to extend the size of a logical volume. Extension of snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information to cre- ate snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert(8). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. -l, --extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] Extend or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, of the remaining free space for the specified PhysicalVolume(s) with the suffix %PVS, as a percentage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE, or (for a snapshot) as a percentage of the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN. The resulting value is rounded upward. -L, --size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] Extend or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of M for megabytes, G for gigabytes, T for terabytes, P for petabytes or E for exabytes is optional. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and with- out it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -i, --stripes Stripes Gives the number of stripes for the extension. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a sin- gle value throughout. -I, --stripesize StripeSize Gives the number of kilobytes for the granularity of the stripes. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. StripeSize must be 2^n (n = 2 to 9) -f, --force Proceed with size extension without prompting. -n, --nofsck Do not perform fsck before extending filesystem when filesystem requires it. You may need to use --force to proceed with this option. -r, --resizefs Resize underlying filesystem together with the logical volume using fsadm(8). Examples "lvextend -L +54 /dev/vg01/lvol10 /dev/sdk3" tries to extend the size of that logical volume by 54MB on physical volume /dev/sdk3. This is only possible if /dev/sdk3 is a member of volume group vg01 and there are enough free physical extents in it. "lvextend /dev/vg01/lvol01 /dev/sdk3" tries to extend the size of that logical volume by the amount of free space on physical volume /dev/sdk3. This is equivalent to specifying "-l +100%PVS" on the command line. "lvextend -L+16M vg01/lvol01 /dev/sda:8-9 /dev/sdb:8-9" tries to extend a logical volume "vg01/lvol01" by 16MB using physical extents /dev/sda:8-9 and /dev/sdb:8-9 for allocation of extents. SEE ALSO
fsadm(8), lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvconvert(8), lvreduce(8), lvresize(8), lvchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVEXTEND(8)