Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Allocating available space to file system Post 302451669 by Scott on Tuesday 7th of September 2010 05:34:50 PM
Old 09-07-2010
Hi.

You could try:

Code:
lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev-mapper/VolGroup00/LogVol00
resize2fs /dev-mapper/VolGroup00/LogVol00

(I guess this is fairly dependent on some factors, which are not obvious from your post)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Root File system Space

Hi I'm using HP-UX 11.00, the root file system is as shown below. Several time it reach 100% used, to free some space I use to reboot the system. What can I do to free some space without rebooting the machine? Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-allocating hard drive space

Hi, Is their an easy way to realloate hard drive space on Solaris 10. For example : /c20td0 10G /space 90 G I would like to move some of the hard-drive space from "/space" and add it to "/c20td0". In Windows this can be easily done using Partition magic, anything similar for UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Lost space on file system

Hi everybody, I got a problem on my SUN server in Solaris 9. I'll try to explain, if somebody could help me. I have mounted some volumes in RAID 0+1, that is stripped slices and then mirror. To be clear the result of metastat d80 is as follow : d80: Mirror Submirror 0: d81 State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allocating swap space on solaris 9

Hi, I have a solaris 9-sparc box, which after bouncing is giving swap space related error messages(that swap space is not enough). could it be possible that there was some command issued or setting made before bouncing, which was lost after bouncing? please let me know how i can add swap space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get free space of file system

Hi guys, I'm trying to get free space in GB of file system into parameter. I have the following code: > cat get_free_space_FS.ksh #! /bin/ksh FS=/dw/mar FreeSpace=`df -h | grep $FS | awk '{print $4}'` echo $FreeSpace > ./get_free_space_FS.ksh 362G My question is ,how can I cut in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

allocating space for samba users

I have installed samba by cmd yup install samba -a and configured my samba server.But i want my samba users to lo-gin from windows users and contain allocated amount of space. plz help me............ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris file system space

Hi Experts, I have query regarding output of df command. $ df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-161 191987712 6004395 140577816 5% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

9. AIX

No space in the file system

A file system has reached 100%. I have tried adding space using chfs -a size=+100 command to that file system. However, the % used is not decreasing from 100%. Is there a way to add more space? Also, can someone suggest a script to send a mail alert when a file system is reaching 90%. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allocating Unallocated Drive Space from a SAN to a filesystem

Good Morning everyone, I want to know how to allocate unallocated drive space from a SAN to a file system that desperately needs the drive space. Does anyone have any documentation or tips on how to accomplish this? I am running on AIX version 6.1. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanco
2 Replies
border(3XCURSES)					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					  border(3XCURSES)

NAME
border, box, wborder - add a single-byte border to a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int border(chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); int wborder(WINDOW *win, chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); int box(WINDOW *win, chtype verch, chtype horch); DESCRIPTION
The border() and wborder() functions draw a border around the specified window. All parameters must be single-byte characters whose rendi- tion can be expressed using only constants beginning with ACS_. A parameter with the value of 0 is replaced by the default value. +--------------------------------------------------------------+ | Constant Values for Borders | |Parameter Default Constant Default Character | |verch ACS_VLINE | | |horch ACS_HLINE - | |ls ACS_VLINE | | |rs ACS_VLINE | | |ts ACS_HLINE - | |bs ACS_HLINE - | |bl ACS_BLCORNER + | |br ACS_BRCORNER + | |tl ACS_ULCORNER + | |tr ACS_URCORNER + | +--------------------------------------------------------------+ The call box(win, verch, horch) is a short form for wborder(win, verch, verch, horch, horch, 0, 0, 0, 0) When the window is boxed, the bottom and top rows and right and left columns overwrite existing text. PARAMETERS
ls Is the character and rendition used for the left side of the border. rs Is the character and rendition used for the right side of the border. ts Is the character and rendition used for the top of the border. bs Is the character and rendition used for the bottom of the border. tl Is the character and rendition used for the top-left corner of the border. tr Is the character and rendition used for the top-right corner of the border. bl Is the character and rendition used for the bottom-left corner of the border. br Is the character and rendition used for the bottom-right corner of the border. win Is the pointer to the window in which the border or box is to be drawn. verch Is the character and rendition used for the left and right columns of the box. horch Is the character and rendition used for the top and bottom rows of the box. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
add_wch(3XCURSES), addch(3XCURSES), attr_get(3XCURSES), attroff(3XCURSES), border_set(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), stan- dards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 border(3XCURSES)