Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HOWTO plug server into infrastructure Post 302451592 by presul on Tuesday 7th of September 2010 10:11:36 AM
Old 09-07-2010
HOWTO plug server into infrastructure

Hi

I consider how to plug server into infrastructure. What is the actual standard for sys admins to plug server and make it up and running.

Whether use LACP/EtherChannel, IPMP, JumboFrame and when ?
How to make server redundancy and fail-over to maximize its uptime ?
How many network interfaces use (e.g. 2 or more) ?

thx for help.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Hot Plug Mandrake 9.0

I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.0 on my intel machine, with a view to migrating completely from Windows within the next few months. First I need to get things working. My modem, sound card, scanner and printer all fail to work. This isn't going to put me off because I love the interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. AIX

Wrap Plug Test

Can someone show me on how to use DIAG command in doing a wrap plug test for fcs0 (FC Adapter)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plug in for syn on

I am using vim version 7.1.314.It don't have syn on.Is there any plug in available for syn on or I have to update the version. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Infrastructure Testing

Hi Admins, could anyone sahre the technologies and data points involed in "Infrastructure Testing" and what is the role of system admin in this testing. regards Tarun. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarun_nix
2 Replies
mdimport(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       mdimport(1)

NAME
mdimport -- import file hierarchies into the metadata datastore. SYNOPSIS
mdimport [-VXLArgn] [-d level | category] [-w delay] file | directory DESCRIPTION
mdimport is used to test Spotlight plug-ins, list the installed plug-ins and schema, and re-index files handled by a plug-in when a new plug- in is installed. The following options are available: -g plugin Load the plugin at the provided path, ignoring system installed plugins. Useful for testing plugins that have not yet been installed. -V Print timing information for this run of mdimport. -A Print out the list of all of the attributes and their localizations in the current language and exit. -X Print the schema file and exit -r Ask the server to reimport files for UTIs claimed by the listed plugin. For example, the following would cause all of the chat files on the system to be reimported: mdimport -r /System/Library/Spotlight/Chat.mdimporter -p Print out performance information gathered during the run. -L Print the list of installed importers and exit. -d level Print debugging information. Level can be 1-4. -n Don't actually set the attributes on the file. Useful for debugging. -w msecs Wait for the specified interval between scanning files. NOTES
The -f switch is obsolete in Leopard and beyond. SEE ALSO
mdfind(1), mdutil(1), mdls(1) Mac OS X Oct 27, 2004 Mac OS X