Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 6.1 System Requirement
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 System Requirement Post 302451333 by depam on Monday 6th of September 2010 12:13:20 PM
Old 09-06-2010
AIX 6.1 System Requirement

Hi,

Does anyone know when to find the supported server requirements so I can upgrade from AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1? We are planning to migrate our NIM server to 6.1 and would like to know if our hardware is supported. Thanks.

---------- Post updated at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:09 AM ----------

Found the release note.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...e_relnotes.pdf

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system requirement for unix

I want to try running the free down load from sun, their solaris 8. I have an intel pentium 3, 550 mhz, 8 GB drive, with 128 ram. I this anough to run a unix os like solaris 8. Also is their a browser that I could use with solaris8 so as to connect to the internet. Does ie have a version for unix.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can i see who used our AIX system

Our firewall logs show strange entries and we had a strange issue of a moved directory withour anybody knowing of it. Are their log files on AIX where i can see who used the system ( logged on, move anything, ... ) Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
5 Replies

3. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

4. AIX

Minimum System Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for IBM AIX to get install on it?? Plz Reply ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

6. AIX

I need get the system aix please

hi my frieds, I´m from mexico and I was looking the SO Aix. please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puma056
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX System Information

Hi all, I have googled around quite a bit and tried many different commands to get system information about my AIX 5.3 box but none of the commands I've used have given me quite what I'm looking for. I am interested in finding out the model of the motherboard, and amount of available RAM, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
2 Replies

9. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
SWAC-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SWAC-GET(1)

NAME
swac-get - audio collections of words (SWAC) manager SYNOPSIS
swac-get [-t] [clear] [update] | [upgrade] | [select <url|packid>] | [deselect <url|packid>] | [list] | [list-sources] | [list-available] | [sql <query>] | [--help] | [--version] DESCRIPTION
Swac-get is a simple command line program which allows to download and install audio collections of words (SWAC) in a SQLite3 database. Audio collections can be imported from the hard drive or directly from the Internet using the HTTP protocol. Swac-get is designed to be used with swac-explore, a GTK+ interface which allows the browsing of the created SQLite3 database. An important set of free audio collec- tions of words (SWAC) is available at: http://swac-collections.org/ For more information, please, visit the Shtooka Project homepage at: http://shtooka.net/ . COMMANDS
clear clear database deselect <url|packid> delete records of the package <url|packid> from the database list list installed packages list-available list available packages list-sources list source repositories sql <query> execute a sql query in the database select <url|packid> insert records of the package <url|packid> in the database ex: swac-get select file:///home/<my directory>/ swac-get select http://packs.shtooka.net/<my package>/ogg/ swac-get select fra-balm-voc select source-delete <url> delete <url> from the repositories list source-deselect <url> deselect <url> from the repositories list source-select <url> add <url> to the repositories list ex: swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get source-select file:///home/<my directory>/ update update the list of available packages upgrade upgrade installed packages OPTIONS
-t, --target <path> set the SQLite3 database path (default path is ~/.swac/swac.db) -v, --version print version information and exit -h, --help print this help and exit EXAMPLES
swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get update swac-get select chi-balm-hsk1 swac-get select fra-balm-voc BUGS
swac-get doesn't care about the version number for the upgrade command. AUTHOR
swac-get and this manual page were written by Nicolas Vion <nico@picapo.net>. mai 25, 2008 SWAC-GET(1)