Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore? Post 302451263 by hadimotamedi on Monday 6th of September 2010 07:27:38 AM
Old 09-06-2010
Sorry. The target disk has larger partition sizes so how to mount it on primary disk smaller size partitions and folders?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UFSDUMP & UFSRESTORE problems

Hi, guys ! I need some expert help on following problem: When trying to restore content of a machine using another backup machine using Ufsdump/Ufsrestore, it worked on /local1, but when attemting to do the same on /local2,/local3 and /local4, I get permission problems. Running superuser does... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
9 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsdump/ufsrestore problem

I ran ufsdump as follows............... # ufsdump 9ucf /dev/rmt/0n /dev/dsk/c1t9d0s3 DUMP: Writing 63 Kilobyte records DUMP: Date of this level 9 dump: Tue 23 Oct 2007 02:19:40 PM PDT DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch DUMP: Dumping /dev/rdsk/c1t9d0s3 (gambler:/apps) to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus, I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:- /, /usr, /oracle, /export, /sapr3, I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
5 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to pipe ufsdump to ufsrestore?

Dear all, i want to copy the partition contents from a smaller disk to a larger disk but without modifying the target disk partition size. To this end, i tried to use piping ufsdump to ufsrestore as 'ufsdump 0f - /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 l ufsrestore -i - /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0' but it was not successful. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup

hi, was wondering if there is a problem with the patches, and if we wish to restore everything back to square one, how should we go about using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup data ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ufsrestore

Good Afternoon, I'm going to attempt a ufsrestore of a Solaris 9 machine from a connected NAS containing the ufsdumps. The idea is to be able to take ufsdumps of a failed machine (machine 1), and use them to set up a backup machine (machine 2). (I'm testing for disaster recovery) Note... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
52 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)