Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Download data from ftp.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download data from ftp. Post 302451217 by methyl on Monday 6th of September 2010 05:23:41 AM
Old 09-06-2010
There is an example here of downloading all .gif files using a cludge in wget. Might fit your requirement.

Wget Manual - Examples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

When a FTP download is completed

I receive files by FTP in an input directory. Every 10 seconds a process checks if some new file has arrived to the input directory and then the process moves them to another directory to be read by a second process. The problem is that there is no way to know if the download has finished... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ftp Download Problem

FROM WINDOWS , WHILE GETTING DATA FROM HP-UNIX SERVER USING FTP, I AM ABLE TO GET DATA ONLY LESS THAN 4GB FILE, PLZ HELP ME HOW TO GET MORE MORE THAN 4GB FILE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjan
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

ftp download problem

from windows ftp tool even you are not root user you can delete root files (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhsy
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Download username and password

I am trying to download from ftp server (rsync and postfix). But every time I connect to the ftp server, it prompts for USER and PASS but I don't know which username and and password to use. And I am using command based UNIX OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarrana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download specified file from ftp server

Hi all, I'm having problems downloading files from ftp server. I have to download only those files that name starts with YYYYMMDD.But file comes like the format "20080624221035.TXT".Also how i can get list of all file names with in specified folder. Here i paste my code ftp -vn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaskarbasak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on FTP download using UNIX script

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and on UNIX. Can somebody help in writing a script to download a file from an FTP server and validating if there is a file to download. If there is a file, I would send it to a mail recipient and if not I would generate an error log. Thanks in advance!:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjay_45
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need of shell script to download data using ftp

Hi ! I am just wondering shell script to download data from ftp... I have text file containing ftp address...looks like this ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz ftp://site...../filename.xyz script has to read ftp address and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP File download

Hi, I have few files at FTP location and have written a script to download the same from ftp based on the sysdate - 1, however with the below code I am unable to download the files from FTP. x=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` mget Daily_BIH_$x_NEW.tar.gz can anyone please help me in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Download File from FTP

Hi, I am trying to download files from FTP using below FTP code. x=$(TZ=CST date +%Y%m%d) host='xxx.xx.xxx.xxx' user='userX' pass='Password' echo "Connecting to FTP Host -- $host....." echo $x a=$(ftp -v -n -i << ! open $host user "$user" $pass cd /rose/yellow/ mget... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
6 Replies
JIGDO-LITE(1)															     JIGDO-LITE(1)

NAME
jigdo-lite - Download jigdo files using wget SYNOPSIS
jigdo-lite [ URL ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. Given the URL of a `.jigdo' file, jigdo-lite downloads the large file (e.g. a CD image) that has been made available through that URL. wget(1) is used to download the necessary pieces of administrative data (contained in the `.jigdo' file and a corresponding `.template' file) as well as the many pieces that the large file is made from. The jigdo-file(1) utility is used to reconstruct the large file from the pieces. `.jigdo' files that contain references to Debian mirrors are treated specially: When such a file is recognized, you are asked to select one mirror out of a list of all Debian mirrors. If URL is not given on the command line, the script prompts for a location to download the `.jigdo' file from. The following command line options are recognized: -h --help Output short summary of command syntax. -v --version Output version number. --scan FILES Do not ask for "Files to scan", use this path. --noask Do not ask any questions, instead behave as if the user had pressed Return at all prompts. This can be useful when running jigdo- lite from cron jobs or in other non-interactive environments. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-mirror(1), wget(1) (or `info wget') CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-LITE(1)