Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to hide/encrypt password in script? Post 302451208 by methyl on Monday 6th of September 2010 04:51:55 AM
Old 09-06-2010
Can you show us the script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Hide the Password in a Script

Hi, I am writing a UNIX .ksh script and need to send the login password of the login id that is executing the script to a command that I am executing in the script. I don't want that password to be seen by anyone except whoever is executing the script. Does anyone know how I can accomplish... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samd
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script....encrypt password and use

Could someone please help me...I have an expect script. There's a need for a log in during the script and a password is required...right now the password is just a variable in the expect script...what would be the best way to put that in an encrypted flat file and have the expect script pull the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Encrypt the password ,source it in a expect script...!!

Hello folks I have a conf file ,say 'pass.conf' ,which is storing ascii password : PASS1111. I need to encrypt this password once and store it in a file. I ,then need to write a script which would read this encrypted password and decrypts it.The o/p o this script shud be this decrypted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to hide password in bash script?

Dear folks, The title of my thread says mostly all of what I want to do. Basically I want to auto-ssh to a remote host, and run a program on it (VLC is just an example). I wrote a script which calls xterm and then runs expect on it. The code is as follow #!/bin/bash export PASS="xxxxxxx"... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dukevn
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to encrypt a password in shell script

Hi, I have run the below script which is connected to db2 v9.5. There is no issue. The only problem is how to encrypt the dbpwd? #!/bin/ksh #---- Set Environment dbalias="dev1db" dbuser="user1" dbpwd="password" #---- Connect to the Database cd /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/bin db2 "connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt DB password in Script

Hi, I have a SQL which i want to run through a shell script. query_result=`/home/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin/sqlplus -S uname/pwd@DBNAME <<! set heading off feedback off trimspool on set pagesize 0 set linesize 9999 spool $PARAM_PATH/param_name.txt; Select sysdate from dual; spool off;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide password in shell script?

I am writing a shell script for sql loader (just copy part of the code) : For security reason, I have to put the below loginName and password into another separate file instead of in the same file of this script. Anyone can give me a hand. Thanks. Shell Script :... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaewong
12 Replies
NEXT(1)                                                              [nmh-1.5]                                                             NEXT(1)

NAME
next - show the next message SYNOPSIS
next [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Next performs a show on the next message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program show- proc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show next". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), prev(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the next message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
next is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to next and that link is not called next, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument next to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEXT(1)