Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to use parted get partition_type Post 302451153 by ZR_Lang on Monday 6th of September 2010 12:44:48 AM
Old 09-06-2010
how to use parted get partition_type

I want to use GNU parted for disk partition, but I also hope to get the partition type id by parted. SmilieI can get it from fdisk -l, but I don't know how the parted can get it. The print of the "parted print" only include fstype flags and so on, I hope some help. Thank you.
My English is not so good, I feel so sorry. Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

SuSE parted problem

Hello, So, I burned the 5 cds of SuSE 10.1, and would really like to begin installation. But when I get to the partitioning phase, I get an error message saying the first hard drive is unreadable by parted, and that I'll have to use Yast instead. It also tells me I wont be able to move delete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudrack
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fdisk v/s parted

Just started understanding linux filesystem and partition utilities. I was going though some video tutorials by CBT nuggets and the author was cursing fdisk as fuzzy tool and recommending to use parted instead. In our job environment i have seen almost every one using fdisk utility for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partition with parted

Hello folks, I have 2.4TB san storage i want to make 4 partition each having 600GB. I use fdisk but not possible to do this because of fdisk limitation. So i tried parted but it make 2.4TB one partition but with parted not possible to make 4 partition having 600GB, may be i m doing wrong, can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies