Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do i access sybase using isql and how do i get result set in perl script? Post 302451085 by frank_rizzo on Sunday 5th of September 2010 03:29:03 PM
Old 09-05-2010
program it the proper way and use the API instead of parsing command output.

use Perl DBI and Sybase module

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transfer from DB2 to Sybase using Perl?

Hi, Good Morning everybody. I need to write a perl script which will get some data from DB2 table and then put it into Sybase table. I have the experience in Oracle and Unix but new to these perl, DB2 and Sybase technologies. Appreciate if any one can suggest with a sample code. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajus19
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access psql from perl script?

Hi All, How to access the postgreSQL from a perl script? Thanks in advance JS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching data from sybase using perl

How can I fetch and retreive data(of each result set) of multiple result set from sybase by calling a stored procedure using perl DBI module on an unix solaris environment????? Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get and process mysql result set in shell script

Hi All, I am in a problem here is the description, Actually in my shell script i am firing a mysql query which returns multiple records and i have to process each record one by one. So could any one please suggest me how to solve my problem? Thanks in Advance Ashok Sharma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1979
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result set into an array

Hi, I have an issue with the result set. I wanted to run db2 query against db2 server in unix environment using perl script. I wanted to get the result set into an array. $db=<<DB_Name>> connect to $db get connection state this is my query = SELECT DISTINCT 'R' FROM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04: Sybase with Perl Segmentation Fault

Hi, Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04 Other Packages Installed: freetds,DBI,DBD-Sybase I am trying to connect to SYBASE using perl programming..But the moment I am executing my perl program it throws a SEGMENTATION FAULT error. I have attached strace output for the same... Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnkatara
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase isql writing spaces to file

I'm running isql in sybase on a Linux box to read a table, and write the contents to a file. It needs to be a nice comma delimited file for input into another system. It reads the DB fine and writes the file. However, I have two issues. 1) I don't want the line width to be limited in any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cynthia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time out set in perl script

Hi, I am preparing a perl script, which will run some commads on remote Linux servers. I have a file contains all the servers names one by one like below vi servers.txt srv1 srv2 srv3 Now, I need to prepare a perl script to ssh (or)rsh to each server in the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Sybase(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Sybase - Class for Database Objects for Sybase ASE and MSSQL Such as Tables and Views in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject that adds support for fully qualified objects in Sybase ASE and MSSQL including both "database" and schema of the form: database.owner.object_name METHODS
database The database name this object belongs to. Returns undef if ignore_schema is set. sql_name Returns the properly quoted full identifier with "database", schema and name. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Table::Sybase, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Table, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Sybase(3pm)