Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem using function in awk Post 302451084 by kristinu on Sunday 5th of September 2010 03:27:56 PM
Old 09-05-2010
Input arguments don't matter. They only return values from the function. I thought I would need to pass them through in order to return the values out from the function. I thought of using "return r1" for example. Calling srand() within the BEGIN statement should solve the problem of always getting the same values.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with aio_write() function

Hello, How to execute a call back function after aio_write() or aio_read() in Sun Solaris 5.7? I have filled the control block struct aiocb as follows: aio_sigevent.sigev_signo = SIGEV aio_sigevent.sigev_notify = SIGEV_THREAD Then I have filled the call back function in ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splice function problem

Hi All, I am using splice function in for loop to delete particular element from array with one condition. my $cnt=0; foreach my $elem (@result) { if (condition){ splice(@result, $cnt, 1);} else{ $cnt++;} } Now when in array, two elements comes sequentially with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation on problem "match" function awk

Hello Unix experts, If I could get any explanations on why the code below doesn't work it would be great ! My input looks like that ("|" delimited): Saaaaabbbbbccccc|ok Sdddddfffffggggg|ok The goal is, if $2 is "ok", to remove everything before the pattern given in the match function... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
XmDirectionMatch(library call)											    XmDirectionMatch(library call)

NAME
XmDirectionMatch -- A function that checks for a specified direction component SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> Boolean XmDirectionMatch (d1, d2) XmDirection d1; XmDirection d2; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmDirectionMatch compares two XmDirection values. The function returns a Boolean value depending on whether or not the two input values "match." The simplest match is when d1 and d2 are identical. However, other matches are possible. XmDirectionMatch attempts to compare specified bits only; nonspecified bits automatically match. For example, suppose that d1 equals XmTOP_TO_BOTTOM_RIGHT_TO_LEFT. In this case, the function will return True if d2 equals either XmRIGHT_TO_LEFT or XmTOP_TO_BOTTOM. However, the function will return False if d2 equals XmTOP_TO_BOTTOM_LEFT_TO_RIGHT, XmBOT- TOM_TO_TOP_RIGHT_TO_LEFT, or XmBOTTOM_TO_TOP_LEFT_TO_RIGHT. Note that direction can be thought of as having three components, a horizontal component, a vertical component, and the precedence among them. This means that in addition to the previously mentioned directions, the function will still return False if d1 equals XmTOP_TO_BOT- TOM_RIGHT_TO_LEFT and d2 equals XmRIGHT_TO_LEFT_TOP_TO_BOTTOM. d1 Specifies an XmDirection value. d2 Specifies an XmDirection value. RETURN VALUES
Returns True if d1 "matches" d2; otherwise, returns False. RELATED INFORMATION
XmDirection(3), XmDirectionMatchPartial(3), XmDirectionToStringDirection(3), XmString(3), XmStringDirection(3), and XmStringDirectionToDi- rection(3). XmDirectionMatch(library call)