Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem using function in awk Post 302451071 by kristinu on Sunday 5th of September 2010 02:36:08 PM
Old 09-05-2010
Problem using function in awk

I created two functions that output two random variables. I want to output them in the output file. But it does not seem to work.

Code:
# Function rgaussian1(r1, r2)
# Gaussian random number generator
  function rgaussian1(r1, r2) {
      pi = 3.142
      v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) )
      v2 = 2 * pi * rand()
      r1 = a * sin(b)
      r2 = a * cos(b)
  }

# Function rgaussian2(r1, r2)
# Gaussian random number generator
  function rgaussian2(r1, r2) {

do {
          v1 = 2 * rand() - 1
          v2 = 2 * rand() - 1
          rsq = v1 * v1 + v2 * v2
      } while (rsq > 1)

fac = sqrt(-2 * log(rsq) / rsq)
      r1 = v2 * fac
      r2 = v1 * fac

}

# Include gaussian distributed random numbers
  NF == 2 {
      rgaussian1(r1, r2)
      rgaussian2(r3, r4)
      print $0,$2,r1,r2,r3,r4
  }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with aio_write() function

Hello, How to execute a call back function after aio_write() or aio_read() in Sun Solaris 5.7? I have filled the control block struct aiocb as follows: aio_sigevent.sigev_signo = SIGEV aio_sigevent.sigev_notify = SIGEV_THREAD Then I have filled the call back function in ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splice function problem

Hi All, I am using splice function in for loop to delete particular element from array with one condition. my $cnt=0; foreach my $elem (@result) { if (condition){ splice(@result, $cnt, 1);} else{ $cnt++;} } Now when in array, two elements comes sequentially with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation on problem "match" function awk

Hello Unix experts, If I could get any explanations on why the code below doesn't work it would be great ! My input looks like that ("|" delimited): Saaaaabbbbbccccc|ok Sdddddfffffggggg|ok The goal is, if $2 is "ok", to remove everything before the pattern given in the match function... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
PLSDIDEV(3plplot)						    PLplot API							 PLSDIDEV(3plplot)

NAME
plsdidev - Set parameters that define current device-space window SYNOPSIS
plsdidev(mar, aspect, jx, jy) DESCRIPTION
Set relative margin width, aspect ratio, and relative justification that define current device-space window. If you want to just use the previous value for any of these, just pass in the magic value PL_NOTSET. It is unlikely that one should ever need to change the aspect ratio but it's in there for completeness. If plsdidev(3plplot) is not called the default values of mar, jx, and jy are all 0. aspect is set to a device-specific value. Redacted form: plsdidev(mar, aspect, jx, jy) This function is used in example 31. ARGUMENTS
mar (PLFLT, input) Relative margin width. aspect (PLFLT, input) Aspect ratio. jx (PLFLT, input) Relative justification in x. Value must lie in the range -0.5 to 0.5. jy (PLFLT, input) Relative justification in y. Value must lie in the range -0.5 to 0.5. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLSDIDEV(3plplot)