Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove column and store output to a variable Post 302450725 by loperam on Friday 3rd of September 2010 02:55:49 PM
Old 09-03-2010
that works as I needed!
thanks bartus11

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store output in variable when put in background

Hi, How do I store following command output: export RESULT=`date` & It works when I do : export RESULT=`date` But what I need is when command put it background, I also need that output going to RESULT variable. Is there any way ? Thanks Sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query's output in a variable

Hi, My requirement is : We are calling an sql statement from a UNIX session, and fetching data into some variables from a table .. now we are unable to access these variables from outside the SQL part. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Can you please share a code snippet which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How to store each output line into a different variable?

Example output: /tmp/generatelines.sh line1 line2 line3 line4 I want each output line assigned to its own variable, ie: "line1" --> $a "line2" --> $b "line3" --> $c "line4" --> $d Is this possible without writing to a temporary file? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksheller
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date output store in variable problem

When I run following command date Output1 => Thu Sep 9 03:26:52 IST 2010 When I store in a varibale as a=`date` echo $a output2 => Thu Sep 9 03:27:02 IST 2010 The differnece is, it is trimming the space when I am storing the output in varibale. Output1 = Thu Sep 9 03:26:52 IST 2010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravincpatil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

store sqlplus output in variable

hi how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash) Thanks MM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store a column from an excel sheet (exported to txt) into a variable

I typically pull a bunch of data via SQL that lists a bunch of users and the server on which they want to access, as well as other attributes, in one row of an excel sheet and the number of rows is directly proportionate to the number of users. I'm trying to write a loop to read each line of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output to a variable

I need some help: 1) I have a out put from a shell script, the out put looks like this: Attempting privilege escalation using sudo ... List backups for CLTST: Start date Status Ret. Class Label -------------------- ------------ ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut each column value and store in variable

Hi Pals, I have a file which contains a set of similar lines, as follows: Remedy Support Action Triggered by Incident Modification of type: ARA username2 ########## ARA|INC0000178532 INC0000178532 0000000019879 000000000038372 Remedy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khushbu
6 Replies

10. Programming

Python - store output of command to a variable

I am trying to store output of python command in variable. Could you please help how I can do that ? For example I am executing the following command - "CentOS" in server_desc The output would be True or False I would like to store the output in a variable say outPut and use condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
4 Replies
DH_AUTORECONF(1)						   dh-autoreconf						  DH_AUTORECONF(1)

NAME
dh_autoreconf - Call autoreconf -f -i and keep track of the changed files. SYNOPSIS
dh_autoreconf [debhelper options] [-Xitem] [--mode=mode] [program -- params] DESCRIPTION
dh_autoreconf is responsible for calling autoreconf and creating the files debian/autoreconf.before and debian/autoreconf.after which contain checksums of all files before/after the build. It is complemented by dh_autoreconf_clean which creates a list of all changed and added files and removes them. Please note that dh_autoreconf can only be run once. Thus, if you need to run multiple commands, use a script or similar. An example is given in dh-autoreconf(7). FILES
debian/autoreconf This file can contain a list of directories. If present, dh_autoreconf will only scan the given directories for changes. If no special command is given to dh_autoreconf, it will also forward the directory list to autoreconf which causes it to be run only on those sub directories. OPTIONS
-Xitem --exclude=item Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename from being checked for changes. This means that those files won't be deleted by "dh_autoreconf_clean" even if there are changes. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. Starting with version 3, the directories of common version control systems such as cvs, git, hg, svn, and bzr are excluded automatically. --mode=mode Change the way in which modifications to files are detected. The default mode is md5 for using MD5 checksums, but there is also timesize for using the time of the last modification and the file size. --as-needed Enable support for -Wl,--as-needed in all ltmain.sh files identical to the one of the libtool package. This only works in the MD5 mode (the default one). The changes are reverted in dh_autoreconf_clean. You should not prevent LIBTOOLIZE from running with this, as it only works correctly with libtoolize running. program -- params Run the program given by program with the arguments given by params instead of autoreconf -f -i. If you need to run multiple commands, put them in a script and pass the script instead (or add a target to debian/rules). ENVIRONMENT
For each tool executed by autoreconf(1), one can export a variable with the uppercase name of the tool to the specific program which shall be run, including true to prevent the tool in question from being run. The following example shows the beginning of a debian/rules for a package where automake 1.10 shall be run instead of the default automake version and libtoolize shall not be run: #!/usr/bin/make -f export AUTOMAKE = automake1.10 export LIBTOOLIZE = true SEE ALSO
debhelper(7), dh_autoreconf_clean(1), dh-autoreconf(7) AUTHOR
Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org> dh-autoreconf v7 2012-11-22 DH_AUTORECONF(1)