Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dev/sda1 100% full
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dev/sda1 100% full Post 302450687 by Ikon on Friday 3rd of September 2010 12:52:08 PM
Old 09-03-2010
This is why you put / (root) in a separate partition or logical volume.

You need to delete some old logs from /var/logs/

---------- Post updated at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:39 PM ----------

It also looks like there is a program, probably a log, that is taking up space but hasnt released the space on the drive.

since you have a 60GB drive for sda1 but I dont count 60GB being used on it, since /opt is on sdb1 and /mnt is on a remote pc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pls help - /dev/dsk 100% full

I use the following command dk -k and get the following output: Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 1587078 56546 1482920 4% / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 1984230 926199 998505 49% /usr /proc 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indianboy08
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. AIX

/dev/hd9var full

/dev/hd9var 819200 1928 100% 12101 12% /var the filesystem is full my self being new to aix what do i do to create space (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeman
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between /dev/hdisk and /dev/rhdisk

Hi, How can i check that i am using RAW devices for storage in my AIX machine... Also after adding a LUN from storage to a aix host, when i check /dev in the host, i can see both rhdisk and hdisk with same number eg: dcback1(root):/dev>ls -lrt | grep disk12 crw------- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibujacob
4 Replies

7. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
SEIVOT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SEIVOT(1)

NAME
seivot - benchmark backup application (obnam) SYNOPSIS
seivot [--benchmark-fsck] [--config=FILE] [--description=TEXT] [--drop-caches] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--encrypt-with=KEYID] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [--generations=COUNT] [-h] [--help] [--incremental-data=SIZE] [--initial-data=SIZE] [--larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH] [--obnam-config=FILE] [--obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN] [--output=FILE] [--profile-name=PROFILE-NAME] [--program=PROGRAM] [--sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY] [--use-existing=DIR] [--use-sftp-repository] [--use-sftp-root] [--verify] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
seivot benchmarks a backup application. It has been written primarily for obnam(1), but could be extended for other backup applications. seivot generates some live data using genbackupdata(1), and then runs the backup application. It then generates some more live data, and runs a second backup generation, etc. It stores the measurements in an output file. See seivots-summary(1) for a tool to show data from such files in a tabular fashion. (seivot does not itself show the tabular data, because one is rarely interested in the output from just one run, and instead wants to contrast it with other runs). OPTIONS
--benchmark-fsck benchmark fsck? --config=FILE add FILE to config files --description=TEXT free-form description of this backup run --drop-caches clear Linux kernel cache before running commands (will ask for sudo pasword --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --encrypt-with=KEYID encrypt backups with KEYID --file-size=SIZE size of files to create --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE --generations=COUNT total number of generations to measure (5) -h, --help show this help message and exit --incremental-data=SIZE add SIZE live data for additional generations (1024) --initial-data=SIZE size of initial live data (1024) --larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH bzr branch from which to use larch (default is installed larch) --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH bzr branch from which to run obnam (default is installed obnam) --obnam-config=FILE use FILE as an Obnam configuration file --obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN store Python profiling output in files named after NAMEPATTERN (no profiling, unless set); %(foo)s in pattern gets filled in, where foo is op (for backup/restore/etc), gen, or order (cumulative/time) --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --profile-name=PROFILE-NAME name of backup use-case profile name (for documentation purposes only) --program=PROGRAM program to benchmark (obnam) --sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY add an artificial delay (in milliseconds) to all SFTP transfers --use-existing=DIR use exiting DIR for initial generation --use-sftp-repository access backup repository over the network via sftp --use-sftp-root access backup repository over the network via sftp --verify verify restored data --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLE
To run a simple benchmark: seivot --initial-data=10G --incremental-data=1G SEE ALSO
seivots-summary(1), obnam(1). SEIVOT(1)