Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dev/sda1 100% full
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dev/sda1 100% full Post 302450685 by ruisof on Friday 3rd of September 2010 12:26:59 PM
Old 09-03-2010
dev/sda1 100% full

Hi!

I have a problem with my disk, it is full as you can see
Code:
[root@moodle ~]# df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1             64380356  63125180         0 100% /
none                   3116000         0   3116000   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdb1            282015652 179367500  88322592  68% /opt
//10.14.0.200/Moodle 1465122816 585728000 879394816  40% /mnt/CI_BACKUPS

i already use the command
Code:
[root@moodle /]# du -sh * 5.3M    bin
17M     boot
168K    dev
59M     etc
0       forcefsk
4.4M    home
8.0K    initrd
199M    lib
16K     lost+found
16K     media
8.0K    misc
160G    mnt
171G    opt
du: `proc/27382/task': No such file or directory
du: `proc/27382/fd': No such file or directory
du: `proc/28980': No such file or directory
du: `proc/28981': No such file or directory
du: `proc/28982': No such file or directory
du: `proc/28983': No such file or directory
du: `proc/28984': No such file or directory
900M    proc
282M    root
16M     sbin
8.0K    selinux
8.0K    srv
0       sys
4.0M    tmp
2.9G    usr
4.5G    var

and from here i can see the problem, but the fact is that my /dev/sda1 is saying that is full.
i have mysql and clamav instaled and because of this they don't work and people can acess the data in the pc.

i detect, when i try to put files in /var/spool that there is no space, but i tried to cut some files and paste again and give me the same error, i don't understand what is happening and where is the problem,can anyone give a help i'am new in this, this system was mounted by another person and he is unaviable.

thanks in advance

Last edited by pludi; 09-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pls help - /dev/dsk 100% full

I use the following command dk -k and get the following output: Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 1587078 56546 1482920 4% / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 1984230 926199 998505 49% /usr /proc 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indianboy08
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. AIX

/dev/hd9var full

/dev/hd9var 819200 1928 100% 12101 12% /var the filesystem is full my self being new to aix what do i do to create space (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeman
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between /dev/hdisk and /dev/rhdisk

Hi, How can i check that i am using RAW devices for storage in my AIX machine... Also after adding a LUN from storage to a aix host, when i check /dev in the host, i can see both rhdisk and hdisk with same number eg: dcback1(root):/dev>ls -lrt | grep disk12 crw------- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibujacob
4 Replies

7. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
o2image(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages							o2image(8)

NAME
o2image - Copy or restore OCFS2 file system meta-data SYNOPSIS
o2image [-r] [-I] device image-file DESCRIPTION
o2image copies the OCFS2 file system meta-data from the device to the specified image-file. This image file contains the file system skeleton that includes the inodes, directory names and file names. It does not include any file data. This image file can be useful to debug certain problems that are not reproducible otherwise. Like on-disk corruptions. It could also be used to analyse the file system layout in an aging file system with an eye towards improving performance. As the image-file contains a copy of all the meta-data blocks, it can be a large file. By default, it is created in a packed format, in which all meta-data blocks are written back-to-back. With the -r option, the user could choose to have the file in the raw (or sparse) for- mat, in which the blocks are written to the same offset as they are on the device. debugfs.ocfs2 understands both formats. o2image also has the option, -I, to restore the meta-data from the image file onto the device. This option will rarely be useful to end- users and has been written specifically for developers and testers. OPTIONS
-r Copies the meta-data to the image-file in the raw format. Use this option only if the destination file system supports sparse files. If unsure, do not use this option and let the tool create the image-file in the packed format. -I Restores meta-data from the image-file onto the device. CAUTION: This option could corrupt the file system. -i Interactive mode - before writing out the image file print it's size and ask whether to proceed. This setting only applies when '-I' is not specified. It can be useful when the file system holding the image is low on disk space and the user might need to free up space once the target image size is calculated. EXAMPLES
[root@node1 ~]# o2image /dev/sda1 sda1.out Copies metadata blocks from /dev/sda1 device to sda1.out file [root@node1 ~] o2image -I /dev/sda1 sda1.out Use with CAUTION. Copies meta-data blocks from sda1.out onto the /dev/sda1 device. SEE ALSO
debugfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2image(8)