Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alert to be triggered
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Alert to be triggered Post 302450576 by methyl on Friday 3rd of September 2010 05:49:38 AM
Old 09-03-2010
The command and output format for disc space enquiries varies.

Please state what Operating System you have , what Shell language you prefer (not "csh") and show a sample command and output.

There is much variation in email commands, notably in the syntax for commonly used commands such as "mailx". Please show a sample email command which works (changing anything confidential like the actual email address).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Even Driven (File triggered) shell script

Hi All I am not an expert at shell programming. But in the process of learning. But I have a requirement it goes as follows : Requirement 1: I have a series of files that keep comming on a unix folder every hour. The files names are different. As soon as a file arrives in this folder I will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivi_xinu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results when triggered from cron

Following script gives different results when triggered from Cron compared to when triggered from command line. It is not able to assign values to some variables when triggered from cron. Can any one help? Its a very simple script Script - #! /bin/ksh sFile=$1 sEnv=$2 sWaitFile=$3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script not working if triggered by scheduler

I have a script that works well if i execute manually using informix user. However, it does not execute properly if triggered using the scheduler (ESP). This is the partial part where it doesn't work. i added some tracing but i can't figure it out. #!/bin/ksh let db_is_up=0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

No alarm triggered when backup tape is full

Hi folks, i encountered an issue, no alarm is triggered when the tape is full on the Solaris server. The tape is 72GB. There is an alarm generating shell script in the server, which will trigger an alarm when it detects the tape is full. Hence, I will receive SMS and email alerts. This has been... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command when triggered by launchd

Hi folks, Im having trouble with an expect command in a shell script I use to back up mac os x servers. This one is being run on a 10.8.2 Server as part of a larger bash script. The script executes perfectly all the way through when triggered on the command line, but when launchd triggers it at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of command triggered in background

Is there any way to trigger a sequence of commands in parallel and capture their output in variables? e.g. something on the following lines x=`echo "X" &` y=`echo "Y" &` z=`echo "Z" &` so that $x, $y, and $z evaluate to X, Y and Z res. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current triggered time to epoch seconds

I have a requirement to find long running instances for notifying the stake holders based on the triggered time in AIX. I am not sure how to convert the triggered time to epoch seconds. For example : Current triggered time of instance is 13:06:19 -> how to convert this into epoch in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows exe file fails when triggered from ssh

Hi, I am triggering a windows exe file using the below command. ssh user@remoteserver command.exe -option1:xx /option2:yy This command is working fine from windows command prompt. When I am triggering the same command from ssh I get the error message cant load Any ideas to deal with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts triggered via 'expect' - stderr lost

I have a bash script on server that runs fine when run interactively and writes stderr output to a file. However, when invoked through a 'expect' script run on Mac OS my laptop which does ssh to the server : generates the expected file, but file has no content. I suspect the stderr is getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdudc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email need to be triggered

hi, Currently, in my code, the errors are written in log file. Additionally, i need to trigger the email of error captured. can we modify this script with email triggered along with existing command. echo "ERROR: $SCRIPT: $*" >>$LOGFILE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamsoft
1 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)