Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I have files that are locked up... Post 302450467 by SentinelX on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 06:10:11 PM
Old 09-02-2010
thnx for the fast reply anyways...

Together with someone i know we have already solved the problem!
The fact i needed root privileges to change the permissions was something
i didn't know Smilie I now changed the permissions to be rwx for everyone and
my data is available again!

Greetz
SentinelX

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting locked files

I have some locked files ( locked via the Mac finder) I have tired rm -R and rm -rdf but it doesnt delete the locked files just says "override rw------- etc?" type "yes" and says "operation not permitted" is there some way to do this (or unlock the files) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aussie John
1 Replies

2. AIX

locked a password

good morning just a confirmation, to lock a password for a user, we must to write 0 for password min age and password max age option ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

4. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find locked files, print file path, unlock file

using OS X and the Terminal, I'd like to find all locked files in a specified directory, unlock them, and print a list of those files that were unlocked how can I do this? I'm familiar with chflags nouchg for unlocking one file but not familiar with unix enough to do what I'd like. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who locked my id?

I am running Solaris 10. Occasionally, my id gets loked. I want to know who/which rougue process locked it. How do I find out? Thanks, KNK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
9 Replies

7. AIX

Find all locked files

How to can find all locked files and release the locks in Unix? We have an issue were an ftp job lands files under /home/loginid at 5:30 pm and at 6 pm we run a get file on the mvs mainframe machine ftp the file from the server to the mainframe. We get an error file is in use eventhu it is not !!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passwd getting locked

Hi, there is a password lock problem happening everyday at one of the servers(GNU RH-Linux;kernel release version 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5) for a particular user id which is an appln user id. Everyday it needs to be reset by the owner/unix user mgmt team. My suspicion was if any cronjob was running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
3 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Samba kill the locked files from a useraccount by multiple smbd pids

Details Samba server: Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 Generic_142909-17 Samba version: Samba version 3.5.6 Smb.conf file section Global: # smb.conf for Airbus Industries fuer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jean-Guillaume
0 Replies
CHMOD(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CHMOD(1)

NAME
chmod - change access mode for files SYNOPSIS
chmod [-R] mode file ... OPTIONS
-R Change hierarchies recursively EXAMPLES
chmod 755 file # Owner: rwx Group: r-x Others: r-x chmod +x file1 file2 # Make file1 and file2 executable chmod a-w file # Make file read only chmod u+s file # Turn on SETUID for file chmod -R o+w dir # Allow writing for all files in dir DESCRIPTION
The given mode is applied to each file in the file list. If the -R flag is present, the files in a directory will be changed as well. The mode can be either absolute or symbolic. Absolute modes are given as an octal number that represents the new file mode. The mode bits are defined as follows: 4000 Set effective user id on execution to file's owner id 2000 Set effective group id on execution to file's group id 0400 file is readable by the owner of the file 0200 writeable by owner 0100 executable by owner 0070 same as above, for other users in the same group 0007 same as above, for all other users Symbolic modes modify the current file mode in a specified way. The form is: [who] op permissions { op permissions ...} {, [who] op ... } The possibilities for who are u, g, o, and a, standing for user, group, other and all, respectively. If who is omitted, a is assumed, but the current umask is used. The op can be +, -, or =; + turns on the given permissions, - turns them off; = sets the permissions exclu- sively for the given who. For example g=x sets the group permissions to --x. The possible permissions are r, w, x; which stand for read, write, and execute; s turns on the set effective user/group id bits. s only makes sense with u and g; o+s is harmless. SEE ALSO
ls(1), chmod(2). CHMOD(1)