Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process! Post 302450443 by felipe.vinturin on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 03:55:50 PM
Old 09-02-2010
Do you need it in HHMMSS format?

If not, you can check the environment variable called: ${SECONDS}
Code:
startTime=${SECONDS}
# Do some stuff here
endTime=${SECONDS}
diffTime=`expr ${endTime} - ${startTime}`
echo "Diff Time: [${diffTime}]"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

6. Linux

Process start time not showing correct time

Process start time is not showing the correct time: I had started a process on Jun 17th at 23:30:00. Next day morning when I run the command "ps -ef | grep mq", the process is showing the start date of Jun 17th but the start time is 00:16:41 Day/Date is setup correctly on the server. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies
BB-REP.CGI(1)						      General Commands Manual						     BB-REP.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-rep.cgi - CGI front-end to bbgen reporting SYNOPSIS
bb-rep.cgi [--noclean] [bbgen-options] DESCRIPTION
bb-rep.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-rep.sh CGI wrapper. It triggers the generation of a Xymon availability report for the timeperiod specified by the CGI paramaters. bb-rep.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: start-mon (Start month of the report) start-day (Start day-of-month of the report) start-yr (Start year of the report) end-mon (End month of the report) end-day (End day-of-month of the report) end-yr (End year of the report) style (Report style) The following non-standard parameters are handled by the bbgen version of bb-rep.cgi: suburl (Page in report to go to, if not the top page) The "month" parameters must be specified as the three-letter english month name abbreviation: Jan, Feb, Mar ... Start- and end-days are in the range 1..31; the start- and end-year must be specified including century (e.g. "2003"). End-times beyond the current time are silently replaced with the current time. The generated report will include data for the start- and end-days, i.e. the report will begin at 00:00:00 of the start-day, and end at 23:59:59 of the end-day. The "style" parameter is passed directly to bbgen(1) and should be "crit", "non-crit" or "all". Other values result in undefined behaviour. All of the processing involved in generating the report is done by invoking bbgen(1) with the proper "--reportopts" option. OPTIONS
--noclean Do not clean the BBREP directory of old reports. Makes the report-tool go a bit faster - instead, you can clean up the BBREP direc- tory e.g. via a cron-job. --env=FILENAME Load the environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI. bbgen-options All other options passed to bb-rep.cgi are passed on to the bbgen(1) program building the report files. FILES
$BBHOME/web/report_header HTML template header for the report request form $BBHOME/web/report_footer HTML template footer for the report request form $BBHOME/web/report_form HTML template report request form ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBGENREPOPTS bbgen options passed by default to the bb-rep.cgi. This happens in the bb-rep.sh wrapper. BBHOME Home directory of the Xymon server installation BBREP Directory where generated reports are stored. This directory must be writable by the userid executing the CGI script, typically "www", "apache" or "nobody". Default: $BBHOME/www/rep/ BBREPURL The URL prefix to use when accessing the reports via a browser. Default: $BBWEB/rep SEE ALSO
bbgen(1), bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-REP.CGI(1)