Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process! Post 302450418 by jlliagre on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 02:09:20 PM
Old 09-02-2010
What OS are you running ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

6. Linux

Process start time not showing correct time

Process start time is not showing the correct time: I had started a process on Jun 17th at 23:30:00. Next day morning when I run the command "ps -ef | grep mq", the process is showing the start date of Jun 17th but the start time is 00:16:41 Day/Date is setup correctly on the server. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and crontab SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by (see cron(1M)). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: [njob[nice[nwait The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue, such that is the default queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), is the queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), and is the queue for jobs run from a file (see crontab(1)). Queue names through designate user-defined queues. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue. Although any number can be specified here, (see cron(1M)) by default limits the number of jobs that can be run on all the queues to 100. This limitation can be removed by setting the variable to 1 in the file. nice The value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user (see nice(1)). The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because more than 100 jobs were running in all the queues (see njob above). EXAMPLES
Consider the following file: The file is interpreted as follows: The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously, and those jobs will be run with a value of 1. Since no nwait value is given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it (see cron(1M)). The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously. Those jobs will be run with a value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously. They will be run with a value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. SEE ALSO
at(1), nice(1), crontab(1), cron(1M), proto(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
queuedefs(4)