Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Terminal emulator from scratch. Post 302450412 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 01:56:15 PM
Old 09-02-2010
Also, you might not need to bother with the virtual terminal stuff immediately. Only interactive programs like nano, su, and the like care, you could make a shell capable of simple noninteractive commands without it and add that later.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix from scratch

hi all, i'm trying to write a unix system from scratch (not re-writing the kernel) does anyone have information about that? tips and stuff...?i would appreciate every help, thnks :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem from scratch

Hey, Had anyone tried with writing a new FS - file system ( whether its useful or not, that doesn't matter ) ? I tried one couple of years ago, but that was a fatal failure :( and can't continue working on it since then. :( Anybody got some experience with writing file system from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies
YEAHCONSOLE(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						    YEAHCONSOLE(1)

NAME
yeahconsole - drop-down X terminal emulator wrapper SYNOPSIS
yeahconsole [-h] [-e command] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the yeahconsole command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. yeahconsole is a wrapper for X terminal emulators that provide a drop-down terminal embedding other terminal emulators OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. Any other argument is passed to the X terminal emulator. -h Show summary of options and supported xresources. -e command command will be run in the X terminal emulator used. If specified this must be the last option since everything after the -e will be interpreted as the command. RESOURCES
The resources from the embedded X terminal emulator will be used and are documented in the corresponding manpage for your X terminal emulator. The specific resources for yeahconsole follow: restart 0 or 1, 1 should restart the terminal. Default is 0. term terminal to use, valid values: urxvt, urxvtc, xterm. Default is xterm. screenWidth width of the terminal. Default is the display width. consoleHeight number of lines of the console. Default is 10. xOffset x position. Default is set to 0. aniDelay delay for the slide animation. Default is 40. stepSize step size in pixels for the animation 0 will disable the animation. Default is set 1. handleWidth width for the resize handle. Default is 3. handleColor color for the resize handle. Default is grey70. toggleKey key combo that toggles yeahconsole. Default is ControlAlt+y. keyBigger increase height of yeahconsole. Default is Control+KP_Add. keySmaller decrease height of yeahconsole. Default is Control+KP_Subtract. keyFull toggle fullscreen mode. Default is Alt+F11. SEE ALSO
xterm (1), rxvt (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Damian Viano debian@damianv.com.ar for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Damian Viano [FIXME: source] April 15, 2006 YEAHCONSOLE(1)