Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting look for two consecutive lines in all text files Post 302450375 by danmero on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 12:25:56 PM
Old 09-02-2010
For your first question you can use
Code:
awk -F\= '{if(x&&$0=="ctrl_process=EXPIRED"){a[FILENAME]++}}{x=($NF>2008&&$NF<2011&&$1=="ctrl_end_date")?1:0}END{for(i in a){print i}}' *

---------- Post updated at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:17 PM ----------

This is for your second question.
Code:
awk -F\= '{if(x&&$0=="ctrl_process=EXPIRED"){a[FILENAME]++}}{x=($NF<=20100903&&$1=="ctrl_end_date")?1:0}END{for(i in a){print i}}' *

not a final solution but you can start from here Smilie
Please use [code] tags when you post code or data sample

Last edited by danmero; 09-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Fix test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending Consecutive lines

Hi, I have a file containing a single field on every row. What I need is to append one on to the end of another, e.g. The input file looks like this: nnnnn mmmmmm nnnnn mmmmmm I need it to look like this: nnnnn mmmmmm nnnnn mmmmmm Any ideas would be much appreciated,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first 5 lines and last five lines in all text files

Hi I want to delete first five and last five lines in text files without opening the file and also i want to keep the same file name for all the files. Thanks in advance!!! Ragav (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendran31
10 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to concatenate consecutive lines

I have a few lines like -- feature 1, subfeat 0, type 3, subtype 1, value 0, -- feature 1, subfeat 0, type 1, subtype 1, value 0, I would like to concatenate the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to merge two consecutive lines.

Hi All, I want to merge two consecutive lines. Currently the output is :--> crmplp1 cmis461 No Online cmis462 No Offline crmplp2 cmis462 No Online cmis463 No ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pank29
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines

Hello - First post here. I need help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Using sed, awk or perl preferably. So the file looks as follows. Please note, the "Line#:" is there only for reference. The lines can only be distinguished by whether they have "start" or "done" in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep couple of consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string

Hello, I want to extract from a file like : 20120530025502914 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025502968 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502985 | RESPONSE | whatever 20120530025502996 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503013 | REQUEST | whatever 20120530025503045 | RESPONSE | whatever I want... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read n lines from a text files getting n from within the text file

I dont even have a sample script cause I dont know where to start from. My data lookes like this > sat#16 #data: 15 site:UNZA baseline: 205.9151 0.008 -165.2465 35.8109 40.6685 21.9148 121.1446 26.4629 -18.4976 33.8722 0.017 -165.2243 48.2201 40.6908 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the same pattern in three consecutive lines in several files in a directory

I know how to search for a pattern/regular expression in many files that I have in a directory. For example, by doing this: grep -Ril "News/U.S." . I can find which files contain the pattern "News/U.S." in a directory. I am unable to accomplish about how to extend this code so that it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep three consecutive lines if each lines contains certain string

say we have : 2914 | REQUEST | whatever 2914 | RESPONSE | whatever 2914 | SUCCESS | whatever 2985 | RESPONSE | whatever 2986 | REQUEST | whatever 2990 | REQUEST | whatever 2985 | RESPONSE | whatever 2996 | REQUEST | whatever 2010 | SUCCESS | whatever 2013 | REQUEST | whatever 2013 |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saumitra Pandey
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - differential file comparator SYNOPSIS
diff [ -acefmnbwr ] file1 ... file2 DESCRIPTION
Diff tells what lines must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement. If one file is a directory, then a file in that directory with basename the same as that of the other file is used. If both files are directories, similarly named files in the two directories are compared by the method of diff for text files and cmp(1) otherwise. If more than two file names are given, then each argument is compared to the last argument as above. The -r option causes diff to process similarly named subdirectories recursively. When processing more than one file, diff prefixes file differences with a single line listing the two differing files, in the form of a diff command line. The -m flag causes this behavior even when processing single files. The normal output contains lines of these forms: n1 a n3,n4 n1,n2 d n3 n1,n2 c n3,n4 These lines resemble ed commands to convert file1 into file2. The numbers after the letters pertain to file2. In fact, by exchanging `a' for `d' and reading backward one may ascertain equally how to convert file2 into file1. As in ed, identical pairs where n1 = n2 or n3 = n4 are abbreviated as a single number. Following each of these lines come all the lines that are affected in the first file flagged by `<', then all the lines that are affected in the second file flagged by `>'. The -b option causes trailing blanks (spaces and tabs) to be ignored and other strings of blanks to compare equal. The -w option causes all white-space to be removed from input lines before applying the difference algorithm. The -n option prefixes each range with file: and inserts a space around the a, c, and d verbs. The -e option produces a script of a, c and d commands for the editor ed, which will recreate file2 from file1. The -f option produces a similar script, not useful with ed, in the opposite order. It may, however, be useful as input to a stream-oriented post-processor. The -c option includes three lines of context around each change, merging changes whose contexts overlap. The -a flag displays the entire file as context. Except in rare circumstances, diff finds a smallest sufficient set of file differences. FILES
/tmp/diff[12] SOURCE
/src/cmd/diff SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), ed(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is the empty string for no differences, for some, and for trouble. BUGS
Editing scripts produced under the -e or -f option are naive about creating lines consisting of a single `.'. When running diff on directories, the notion of what is a text file is open to debate. DIFF(1)