Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search a word and print specific string using awk Post 302450294 by Franklin52 on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 07:28:48 AM
Old 09-02-2010
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with search string at specific position

Hi Folks, I have a file with all fields defined by byte position, but any field can be empty so I cannot print lines based on a search of specific columns. I need to print all lines of this file where the string of two characters at byte position 100-101 contains the number 27. Any ideas? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HealthyGuy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk help to print specific columns with as string in a header

awk experts, I have a big file of 4000 columns with header. Would like to print the columns with string value of "Commands" in header. File has "," separator. This file is on ESX host with Bash. Thanks, Arv (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: arv_cds
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

break the string and print it in a new line after a specific word

Hi Gurus I am new to this forum.. I am using HP Unix OS. I have one single string in input file as shown below Abc123 | cde | fgh | ghik| lmno | Abc456 |one |two |three | four | Abc789 | five | Six | seven | eight | Abc098 | ........ I want to achive the result in a output file as shown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansr621
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string in unix and print whole matching word

Hi I have requirement to search string starting with specific characters and print whole matching word in that string. example mystr="ATTRIBUTE NAME="Event Name" VALUE="Execute"" I want to search by passing "NAME=" and result should be NAME="Event Name". i am using below command but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to print specific field if a string is matched

hi gurus, I would like to be able to use awk to process 1 file as such: abc 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 flags 1 2 4 flags 1 2 5 abc 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 flags 1 2 3 abc 4 5 6 7 8 9 6 7 78 89 flags 1 2 3 flags 1 2 4 flags 1 2 3 4 I would like to be able to print field 1 and 5 when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
lib(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  lib(3pm)

NAME
lib - manipulate @INC at compile time SYNOPSIS
use lib LIST; no lib LIST; DESCRIPTION
This is a small simple module which simplifies the manipulation of @INC at compile time. It is typically used to add extra directories to perl's search path so that later "use" or "require" statements will find modules which are not located on perl's default search path. Adding directories to @INC The parameters to "use lib" are added to the start of the perl search path. Saying use lib LIST; is almost the same as saying BEGIN { unshift(@INC, LIST) } For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is added to @INC in front of $dir. lib.pm also checks if directories called $dir/$version and $dir/$version/$archname exist and adds these directories to @INC. The current value of $archname can be found with this command: perl -V:archname The corresponding command to get the current value of $version is: perl -V:version To avoid memory leaks, all trailing duplicate entries in @INC are removed. Deleting directories from @INC You should normally only add directories to @INC. If you need to delete directories from @INC take care to only delete those which you added yourself or which you are certain are not needed by other modules in your script. Other modules may have added directories which they need for correct operation. The "no lib" statement deletes all instances of each named directory from @INC. For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is also deleted from @INC. Restoring original @INC When the lib module is first loaded it records the current value of @INC in an array @lib::ORIG_INC. To restore @INC to that value you can say @INC = @lib::ORIG_INC; CAVEATS
In order to keep lib.pm small and simple, it only works with Unix filepaths. This doesn't mean it only works on Unix, but non-Unix users must first translate their file paths to Unix conventions. # VMS users wanting to put [.stuff.moo] into # their @INC would write use lib 'stuff/moo'; NOTES
In the future, this module will likely use File::Spec for determining paths, as it does now for Mac OS (where Unix-style or Mac-style paths work, and Unix-style paths are converted properly to Mac-style paths before being added to @INC). If you try to add a file to @INC as follows: use lib 'this_is_a_file.txt'; "lib" will warn about this. The sole exceptions are files with the ".par" extension which are intended to be used as libraries. SEE ALSO
FindBin - optional module which deals with paths relative to the source file. PAR - optional module which can treat ".par" files as Perl libraries. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, 2nd June 1995. "lib" is maintained by the perl5-porters. Please direct any questions to the canonical mailing list. Anything that is applicable to the CPAN release can be sent to its maintainer, though. Maintainer: The Perl5-Porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> Maintainer of the CPAN release: Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This package has been part of the perl core since perl 5.001. It has been released separately to CPAN so older installations can benefit from bug fixes. This package has the same copyright and license as the perl core. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-07 lib(3pm)