Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "Argument list too long" error Post 302450271 by mario8eren on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 05:40:46 AM
Old 09-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
You've got the right approach to diagnose the fault.

Please post x2t.sh .

When executed with "source" it becomes part of def.sh and could well be upsetting def.sh.
Thank you for the compliment Smilie .

The x2t.sh looks like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

template=$1
for values in {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}; do
    set $values
    A=$1; B=$2; C=$3; D=$4; E=$5; F=$6; G=$7; H=$8
    cd ./A$A-B$B-C$C-D$D-E$E-F$F-G$G-H$H
    source $USELIB/tm510
    x2t coord.xyz > coord
    cd /yki/mount/glauber_home/mario8/Desktop/magister/arvutused/4/
done

Mario

Edit: It seems you are right, the source command screws it up. I did it like this and it worked:

Code:
mario8@xan01 (test) >use tm510
You can use Turbomole 5.10 now. Type "exit" to leave this mode.
Calculations will be carried out on a single CPU core.
[TM510] mario8@xan01 (test) >sh x2t_2.sh
[TM510] mario8@xan01 (test) >

Code:
#!/bin/sh

template=$1
for values in {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}\ {45,165,285}; do
    set $values
    A=$1; B=$2; C=$3; D=$4; E=$5; F=$6; G=$7; H=$8
    cd ./A$A-B$B-C$C-D$D-E$E-F$F-G$G-H$H
    x2t coord.xyz > coord
    cd /yki/mount/glauber_home/mario8/Desktop/magister/arvutused/4/
done

I am going to test the last few lines like that aswell.

Mario

Edit 2: Thank you very much, it worked. "Source was the problem".

Last edited by mario8eren; 09-02-2010 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: New ideas.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to REMOVE USER that display error --> "Name is too long"

I wish to remove a user from the system... but an error occurr... I try to remove via SMITTY and try to remove via command line with rmuser -p (name of user) and does not works.... The system display that the "Name is too long" There another way to remove a user... or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgonzal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument list too long - Shell error

Trying to tar specific files from a directory causes problems when the number of files is too large. ls ~/logs | wc -l 5928 In the logs directory - I have 5928 files If I want to include all files with today's date - I run the following command tar cf ~/archive/LoadLogs_20060302.tar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dad5119
8 Replies

3. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"test: argument expected" error

Hi, No need to say I'm new to unix shell scripting. I have a very simple script that goes this way: for datos in `ls -rt $UNXLOG/26-Jan*` do export arch=`echo $datos |cut -d, -f1` if then export linea1=`grep Debut ${arch}` export horatot=`echo $linea1 |cut -d' ' -f5` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument too long list error

I have a wrote a script which consits of the below line.. Below of this script I'm getting this error "ksh: /usr/bin/ls: arg list too long" The line is log_file_time=`ssh -i $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa -q $i ls -lrt /bp/karthik/test/data/log/$abc*|tail -1|awk '{print $8}'` And $abc alias is as "p |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 22karthikreddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from "list1" and list matches in "list2"

I want to print any matching IP addresse in List1 with List 2; List 1 List of IP addresses; 161.85.58.210 250.57.15.129 217.23.162.249 74.76.129.101 30.221.177.237 3.147.200.59 170.58.142.64 127.65.109.33 150.167.242.146 223.3.20.186 25.181.180.99 2.55.199.32 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid "Too many arguments" error, when passing a long String literal as input to a command?

Hi, I am using awk here. Inside an awk script, I have a variable which contains a very long XML data in string format (500kb). I want to pass this data (as argument) to curl command using system function. But getting Too many arguments error due to length of string data(payloadBlock). I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy of "How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?"

To bakunin and corona688: My result when text in file is ms_ww_546 ms_rrL_99999 ms_nnn_67_756675 is https://www.unix.com/C:\Users\Fejoz\Desktop\ttt.jpg I hope you can see the picture. There is like a "whitespace character" after 2 of the 3 created directories. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
0 Replies
UBC(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						    UBC(9)

NAME
ubc -- unified buffer cache SYNOPSIS
#include <uvm/uvm.h> void * ubc_alloc(struct uvm_object *uobj, voff_t offset, vsize_t *lenp, int advice, int flags); void ubc_release(void *va, int flags); int ubc_uiomove(struct uvm_object *uobj, struct uio *uio, vsize_t todo, int advice, int flags); void ubc_purge(struct uvm_object *uobj); DESCRIPTION
ubc_alloc() creates a kernel mapping of uobj starting at offset offset. The desired length of the mapping is pointed to by lenp, but the actual mapping may be smaller than this. lenp is updated to contain the actual length mapped. advice is the access pattern hint, which must be one of UVM_ADV_NORMAL No hint UVM_ADV_RANDOM Random access hint UVM_ADV_SEQUENTIAL Sequential access hint (from lower offset to higher offset) The possible flags are UBC_READ Mapping will be accessed for read. UBC_WRITE Mapping will be accessed for write. UBC_FAULTBUSY Fault in window's pages already during mapping operation. Makes sense only for write. Once the mapping is created, it must be accessed only by methods that can handle faults, such as uiomove() or kcopy(). Page faults on the mapping will result in the object's pager method being called to resolve the fault. ubc_release() frees the mapping at va for reuse. The mapping may be cached to speed future accesses to the same region of the object. The flags can be any of UBC_UNMAP Do not cache mapping. ubc_uiomove() allocates an UBC memory window, performs I/O on it and unmaps the window. The advice parameter takes the same values as the respective parameter in ubc_alloc() and the flags parameter takes the same arguments as ubc_alloc() and ubc_release(). Additionally, the flag UBC_PARTIALOK can be provided to indicate that it is acceptable to return if an error occurs mid-transfer. ubc_purge() disassociates all UBC structures from an empty UVM object, specified by uobj. CODE REFERENCES
The ubc subsystem is implemented within the file sys/uvm/uvm_bio.c. SEE ALSO
pmap(9), uiomove(9), uvm(9), vnode(9), vnodeops(9) Chuck Silvers, "UBC: An Efficient Unified I/O and Memory Caching Subsystem for NetBSD", Proceedings of the FREENIX Track: 2000 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, USENIX Association, http://www.usenix.org/event/usenix2000/freenix/full_papers/silvers/silvers.pdf, 285-290, June 18-23, 2000. HISTORY
UBC first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> designed and implemented the UBC part of UVM, which uses UVM pages to cache vnode data rather than the tradi- tional buffer cache buffers. BSD
June 14, 2011 BSD