Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root Post 302450210 by gagan4599 on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 02:36:51 AM
Old 09-02-2010
MySQL How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai,
I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc".
(here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.)

i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i don't want to display all the information of directory like permission, group...etc.

just i want to display only owner name, directory or sub directory name (who's owner is not equal to "oasitqtc")

Code:
find . -type d -exec ls -ld {} \; > ~/folder_owners.txt

Out put of the above command :

Code:
drwxr-xr-x  2 oasitqtc dba 4096 Dec 28  2004 ./xtr/11.5.0/patch/115/xml/US
drwxr-xr-x  3 oasitbvp dba 4096 Oct  3  2002 ./xtr/11.5.0/reports
drwxr-xr-x  2 oasitbvp dba 4096 Dec 28  2004 ./xtr/11.5.0/reports/US
drwxr-xr-x  2 oasitqtc dba 4096 Oct  3  2002 ./xtr/11.5.0/sql
drwxrwxrwx  3 oasitqtc dba 4096 Nov  4  2004 ./xxau
drwxrwxrwx  19 oasitbvp dba 4096 Aug 17 23:46 ./xxau/11.5.0
drwxrwxrwx  4 abcdxx dba 4096 Aug  4  2005 ./xxau/11.5.0/admin
drwxrwxrwx  3 oacdxx dba 4096 Aug  4  2005 ./xxau/11.5.0/admin/import
drwxrwxrwx  2 oasitqtc dba 4096 Aug  4  2005 ./xxau/11.5.0/admin/import/US

from the above output file, i need to display below data only.
ex
Code:
: oasitbvp  ./xtr/11.5.0/reports
      oasitbvp  ./xtr/11.5.0/reports/US
     oasitbvp   ./xxau/11.5.0
     abcdxx     ./xxau/11.5.0/admin
     oacdxx    ./xxau/11.5.0/admin/import

really appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Last edited by pludi; 09-02-2010 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: code tags, please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner directory permissions from within the directory

From within a directory, how do I determine whether I have write permission for it. test -w pwd ; echo ? This doesn't work as it returns false, even though I have write permission. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through directory and extract sub directory names

I am trying to loop through folders and extract the name of the lowest level subfolder I was running the script below, it returns /bb/bin/prd/newyork /bb/bin/prd/london /bb/bin/prd/tokyo I really want newyork london tokyo I couldn't find a standard variable for the lowest level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: personalt
1 Replies

4. AIX

Unix root directory owner wrong AIX 5.3

The a chown was done and instead of using ./ a / was used and root ownership files got changed. I need to change the ownership of the files/directory back - backups are not working and I am concerned a reboot will not be successful. Can anyone provide the ownership of these files/directories... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spike1
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync in osx - nondestructive with differnt names of root directory

normally I rsync -haPE source destination What I want to do is take a old ~ directory from an external drive and have it ONLY update missing files NOT replace existing files. excluding ~/library any help would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing directory with leading hyphen from root directory

I know that this basic question has been asked many times and solutions all over the internet, but none of the are working for me. I have a directory in the root directory, named "-p". # ls -l / total 198 <snip> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Dec 3 14:18 opt drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX command to display Owner,Group,Root and Subdirectories list

Hi Team, Am a newbie to Unix. As I would like to see the Server Name,Owner Name ( not numeric form), Group Name ( not numeric ID), ROOT path. I would like to send this list as an attachment to my personal mail. Can any one please help me out to to resolve this . Here is the sample result... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
6 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
FTP_RAWLIST(3)								 1							    FTP_RAWLIST(3)

ftp_rawlist - Returns a detailed list of files in the given directory

SYNOPSIS
mixed ftp_rawlist (resource $ftp_stream, string $directory, [bool $recursive = false]) DESCRIPTION
ftp_rawlist(3) executes the FTP LIST command, and returns the result as an array. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $directory - The directory path. May include arguments for the LIST command. o $recursive - If set to TRUE, the issued command will be LIST -R. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array where each element corresponds to one line of text. Returns FALSE when passed $directory is invalid. The output is not parsed in any way. The system type identifier returned by ftp_systype(3) can be used to determine how the results should be interpreted. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_rawlist(3) example <?php // set up basic connection $conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server); // login with username and password $login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass); // get the file list for / $buff = ftp_rawlist($conn_id, '/'); // close the connection ftp_close($conn_id); // output the buffer var_dump($buff); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> string(65) "drwxr-x--- 3 vincent vincent 4096 Jul 12 12:16 public_ftp" [1]=> string(66) "drwxr-x--- 15 vincent vincent 4096 Nov 3 21:31 public_html" [2]=> string(73) "lrwxrwxrwx 1 vincent vincent 11 Jul 12 12:16 www -> public_html" } SEE ALSO
ftp_nlist(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_RAWLIST(3)