Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Terminal emulator from scratch. Post 302450055 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of September 2010 11:38:20 AM
Old 09-01-2010
I'd start with the Simple Directmedia Layer. It's a trimmed-down interface for single-window applications that handles keyboard interfacing and graphics and multimedia in a portable way(meaning, it's usually simple to get the same program running in Windows, Linux, and other.) that's got tons and tons of examples. I'd also use the SDL_gfx library with it, because it comes with a built-in primitive ASCII font. These two things should make it a lot easier to make a program that lets letters appear on the screen when you hit keys.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix from scratch

hi all, i'm trying to write a unix system from scratch (not re-writing the kernel) does anyone have information about that? tips and stuff...?i would appreciate every help, thnks :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem from scratch

Hey, Had anyone tried with writing a new FS - file system ( whether its useful or not, that doesn't matter ) ? I tried one couple of years ago, but that was a fatal failure :( and can't continue working on it since then. :( Anybody got some experience with writing file system from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)