Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers Post 302449816 by Xterra on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 04:01:36 PM
Old 08-31-2010
Corona

Thank you very much!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Hardware

How to install a driver of my USB-A to Serial Cable

Hi Gurus of Unix Recently I install a OpenSolaris in My HP 530 In this moment want to install a USB-A to Serial Cable. Any guru can send a Link where I can use how reference. I want to configure a Router and my PC don't have any serial Port. My LapTOP only has USB ports. In this case I buy a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Installing LINUX KS from USB

:confused:Hello All, We are trying to install RHEL6 via USB using KICKSTART installation. We had following configuration: Below is the entry of isolinux.cfg file : menu label ^Kickstart Installation:via USB kernel vmlinuz append initrd=initrd.img ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg Below is the entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

5. Boot Loaders

Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine?

I successfully created a bootable windows 7 repair usb. Please clarify me: I rebooted my system via USB. windows repair window appeared. There were 5 options. I opted 'windows memory diagnostic' and it worked fine. There was an option named 'start up repair'. This option can be used if windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Configure X windows with both keyboard and USB barcode reader

Greetings. Seeking guidance on adding a USB barcode reader (BCR) to an HP c3750 workstation with HP-UX 11.11 which is essentially configuring X windows to accept input from both a primary keyboard and a secondary keyboard that happens to be the BCR. Historically, I have successfully added a BCR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnkaltenbach
2 Replies
UPLCOM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD