Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: move first 1000 files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move first 1000 files Post 302449790 by Scott on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 02:08:32 PM
Old 08-31-2010
Hi.

I made a couple of changes to your script, and hope it helps Smilie

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Variables

LOGFILE=/tmp/r_bkp_log.out
M_PATH=/source               # Main directory
S_PATH=$M_PATH/In7_backlog   # Source directory
T_PATH=$M_PATH/In7_bkp       # Target directory

cd $S_PATH

# MAIN
while true
do
  DATE=$( date +"%a %d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S" )
  UR=$( ls $T_PATH | wc -l )
  if [ $UR -eq 0 ]
  then
    echo $PWD   # I didn't know what "/usr/bin/echo /usr/bin/pwd" was meant to be doing!
    ls | head -1000 | xargs -I{} mv {} $T_PATH
    echo "Moving next 1000 files " >> $LOGFILE
  fi
  echo >> $LOGFILE
  echo "$DATE: loader:\t$UR" >> $LOGFILE
  sleep 60
done

This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating 1000 files using a script

I would like to write a script that would create 1000 files like clm0001.txt to clm1000.txt. All the files would contain the same contents. How do I achieve this using a script?Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the string contain in which file 1000 files.

Hi Greetings i have 1000 files (xmlfiles) and i need to find which file contain the string over 1000 file all file end with txt i tried with grep -c "string" *.txt i am getting an error -bash: /bin/egrep: Argument list too long i have put an script like below #!/bin/bash for line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a line to 1000's of files right after x amt of characters.

I am trying to add a single line of text to every file in a particular folder. There are thousands of files in the folder. Each file contains this same start of the first line: {d "%w- %d %m-, %Y - %T"} <some message here> with the rest of the text following the second curly bracket... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you check for a particular string in 1000's of files?

Please forgive my ignorance on scripting. I am trying to determine (via a script) if a certain string of characters is present . The string that I am looking for is a constant length. Here is the string I am searching for: Model_Type={t}, ModelName={m} I need to determine if the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files from tar archive which are more than 1000 days old.

I am not able to extract/remove files older than 1000 days from a tar archive in linux system. #!/usr/bin/perl @file_list = `find /home/x/tmp/ -name *xxMsg* -ctime +7`; $file_name = '/home/x/tmp/new_archive.tar'; for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DannyV
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split files into smaller ones with 1000 hierarchies in a single file.

input file: AD,00,--,---,---,---,---,---,---,--,--,--- AM,000,---,---,---,---,---,--- AR, ,---,--,---,--- AA,---,---,---,--- AT,--- AU,---,---,--- AS,---,--- AP,---,---,--- AI,--- AD,00,---,---,---, ,---,---,---,---,---,--- AM,000,---,---,--- AR,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcdg859
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a sequence of numbers in a line for 1000 files

Hi, I try to explain my problem , I have a file like this: aasdsaffsc23 scdsfsddvf46567 mionome0001.pdb asdsdvcxvds dsfdvcvc2324w What I need to do is to create 1000 files in which myname line listing a sequence of numbers from 0001 to 1000. So I want to have : nomefile0001.txt that must... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: danyz84
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)														 OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)

oci_field_name - Returns the name of a field from the statement

SYNOPSIS
string oci_field_name (resource $statement, mixed $field) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the $field. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $field - Can be the field's index (1-based) or name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name as a string, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_field_name(3) example <?php // Create the table with: // CREATE TABLE mytab (number_col NUMBER, varchar2_col varchar2(1), // clob_col CLOB, date_col DATE); $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, "SELECT * FROM mytab"); oci_execute($stid, OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY); // Use OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY if not fetching rows echo "<table border="1"> "; echo "<tr>"; echo "<th>Name</th>"; echo "<th>Type</th>"; echo "<th>Length</th>"; echo "</tr> "; $ncols = oci_num_fields($stid); for ($i = 1; $i <= $ncols; $i++) { $column_name = oci_field_name($stid, $i); $column_type = oci_field_type($stid, $i); echo "<tr>"; echo "<td>$column_name</td>"; echo "<td>$column_type</td>"; echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; // Outputs: // Name Type // NUMBER_COL NUMBER // VARCHAR2_COL VARCHAR2 // CLOB_COL CLOB // DATE_COL DATE oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocicolumnname(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_field_name(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_num_fields(3), oci_field_type(3), oci_field_size(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)