Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding new user problem?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users adding new user problem? Post 302449568 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 02:53:09 AM
Old 08-31-2010
What operating system and platform?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS + adding a new user

I'm setting up NIS+ on Solaris 8 for Intel. None of the books I have explain how to add a new user in the NIS+ envoirnment. Can somebody explain this and are there any url's to get more info. I have populated the nis tables and can do an niscat of the passwd table. There is an nisgrpadd command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: txpjl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a user to a group

Now, its been a while since i done this but I had to add a user to a group. I did that by using the usermod command and now when I superuser to the user's account and issue a "id", i get the desired gid. i mean, output of id indicated the user is assigned to the group i want him to be in. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

3. Solaris

adding a user in single user mode

Just got a solaris 8 blade 150 box with no users, only a root account. no one seems to know the password. I'd like to add one user. So I booted into single user mode via cdrom and added one. Can't seem to login using the new account, though. Here's what I'm using: # useradd -d /tmp/"user" -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding user to groups

How do I add a user to a group? And how do I determine the list of groups to add a user? Solaris 10 newbie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peteythapitbull
1 Replies

5. SCO

adding a user

In SCO Unix, where does useradd or adding a user through scoadmin (gui) pick the initial default .profile (login profile) that is put in the users home folder? In Solaris its in the /etc/skel/.profile. I would like to replace it with a custom .profile; so that it's picked automatically when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: othman
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding user

Hello All, New to Solaris, I added a new user by cmd " useradd -d /export/home/username -m username " but wondered when I tried to login with this new username, It doesn't automatically redirect to the user's home folder. Can anyone suggest about this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Adding User to group

Hi all, I have a existing user user1 its group id dba i have created a new user named: uta and added to group dba my task for creating uta ( to ftp solaris server from /oracle/pcmia/dry1 & oracle/pcmia/dry2 and get some rdf ( database patch) and saved in one windows folder named d:\patch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a user to a group

Hello guys!! If a user is already created on a server, how do you add them to another group? The useradd command? If so then would that duplicate the user account on the server? Thanks Bigben (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Adding a user twice to Solaris OS

is it possible to add a user twice to solaris server with the same id? i have been added twice in the past week and that is messing up one application that i am using which authenticate against the os. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: basel
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a new user to Unix

Hi, I have my new Unix machine setup. Its just have one user root. I need to create a new user and add it to a group. I want this user to have privileges as root(run all command). I know i need to use useradd command for this.My question is: 1) To which group i should add my user? DO i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
2 Replies
pam_ldap(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       pam_ldap(8)

NAME
pam_ldap - PAM module for LDAP-based authentication SYNOPSIS
pam_ldap.so [...] DESCRIPTION
This is a PAM module that uses an LDAP server to verify user access rights and credentials. OPTIONS
use_first_pass Specifies that the PAM module should use the first password provided in the authentication stack and not prompt the user for a pass- word. try_first_pass Specifies that the PAM module should use the first password provided in the authentication stack and if that fails prompt the user for a password. nullok Specifying this option allows users to log in with a blank password. Normally logins without a password are denied. ignore_unknown_user Specifies that the PAM module should return PAM_IGNORE for users that are not present in the LDAP directory. This causes the PAM framework to ignore this module. ignore_authinfo_unavail Specifies that the PAM module should return PAM_IGNORE if it cannot contact the LDAP server. This causes the PAM framework to ig- nore this module. no_warn Specifies that warning messages should not be propagated to the PAM application. use_authtok This causes the PAM module to use the earlier provided password when changing the password. The module will not prompt the user for a new password (it is analogous to use_first_pass). debug This option causes the PAM module to log debugging information to syslog(3). minimum_uid=UID This option causes the PAM module to ignore the user if the user id is lower than the specified value. This can be used to bypass LDAP checks for system users (e.g. by setting it to 1000). MODULE SERVICES PROVIDED
All services are provided by this module but currently sessions changes are not implemented in the nslcd daemon. FILES
/etc/pam.conf the main PAM configuration file /etc/nslcd.conf The configuration file for the nslcd daemon (see nslcd.conf(5)) SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), nslcd(8), nslcd.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual was written by Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>. Version 0.8.10 Jun 2012 pam_ldap(8)