Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed or awk to parse this text Post 302449523 by rdcwayx on Monday 30th of August 2010 10:48:44 PM
Old 08-30-2010
Code:
cut -d \- -f2 < infile |tr "\n" " "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command: To Parse Stament between 2 numbers

Hi, I need an awk command that would parse the below expression Input Format 1 'Stmt1 ............................'2 'Stmt2 ............................'3 'Stmt3 ............................'4 'Stmt4 ............................'5 'Stmt5 ............................'6 'Stmt6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse xm entry with awk/sed

Hi folks, I have XML files with the following sections (section occurs once per file) in them: <AuthorList CompleteYN="Y"> <Author ValidYN="Y"> <LastName>Bernal</LastName> <ForeName>Federico</ForeName> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk or sed to parse delimited string

Hi I am trying to figure out the best way to search a long log file and print out certain information. For example if I had a line in a log file delimited by ampersand first_name=mike&last_name=smith&zip_code=55555&phone=555-5555&state=ma&city=boston and I only wanted to search for and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mstefaniak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script to parse list of bandwidth rules

Hello all gurus, I have a long list of rules as below: 20 name:abc addr:203.45.247.247/255.255.255.255 WDW-THRESH:12 BW-OUT:10000000bps BW-IN:15000000bps STATSDEVICE:test247 STATS:Enabled (4447794/0) <IN OUT> 25 name:xyz160 addr:203.45.233.160/255.255.255.224 STATSDEVICE:test160... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Awk/shell question to parse hour minute from text

Hi, I have a quick question on parsing the hour/minute and value from a text file and remove the seconds portion. For example in the below text file: 20:26:01 95.83 20:27:01 96.06 20:28:01 95.99 20:29:01 7.11 20:30:01 5.16 20:31:01 8.27 20:32:02 9.79 20:33:01 11.27 20:34:01 7.83... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? rows text to co

Hello Friends! I would like to help the masters ... I have a file with the entry below and would like a script for that output: Input file: 001 1 01-20152142711532-24S 1637909825/05/2015BAHIA SERVICOS R F, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: He2
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)