Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming PLaying a sound file with SDL - C++ Post 302449460 by JohnGraham on Monday 30th of August 2010 04:19:22 PM
Old 08-30-2010
SDL_mixer is an additional thing to install. Try searching your package manager or see here.
This User Gave Thanks to JohnGraham For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insane question : Playing mp3 file from Sun Sparc

hi, i know this is crazy. but i can do this from linux in intel platform. just wonder can my Sun Solaris 8 sparc can do the same thing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is SDL?

I get a: Requirements: SDL when I'm browsing (www.happypenguin.org) for games. According to wikipedia SDL can be: where some are more likely than others. However, which one is it? I got an error because of SDL last time I tried and want to make it right before I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

3. Programming

SDL doubt

Hi, I am working on SDL open-source API's on Debian Linux for my game development project. I am not sure whether posting SDL related queries here is correct. I would like to know what is the difference between: SDL_SetVideoMode() and SDL_VideoModeOK() functions (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SDL error with the version

hi, i've just downloaded a test game to try compiling it with the gcc compiler in Solaris, the problem was that ./configure command return this error *** Could not run SDL test program, checking why... *** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means *** that the run-time linker... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Playing wav-file sounds.

I would like to be able to shell out to the command line and play sounds. After installing "sox" I can now do this using the play command. Is there a way to stop the playing once it starts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newyorkpaulie
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

playing sound in rhel5.1 ?

please any body tell me how to play sound using RealPlayer11 loaded in Rhel5.1? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaprem
1 Replies

7. Programming

SDL Image Filtering

Solved thanks for info!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLHaNz
8 Replies

8. Programming

Playing Video with MinGW and SDL

Hi All, I was wondering if someone could clarify the best way to display mpeg video with SDL in MinGW. After scouring the internet it seems there is not a lot of information regarding this subject (or at least not up to date) and libraries that are available for this purpose. Any help/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
1 Replies
pods::SDL::Mouse(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     pods::SDL::Mouse(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Mouse - SDL Bindings for the Mouse device CATEGORY
Core, Mouse CONSTANTS
The constants for SDL::Mouse belong to SDL::Events/SDL::Event, under the export tag of ':state'. METHODS
warp_mouse SDL::Mouse::warp_mouse( $x, $y ); Set the position of the mouse cursor (generates a mouse motion event). Even if the mouse is warped to where it currently is, a mouse motion event is generated. set_cursor SDL::Mouse::set_cursor( $cursor_object ); Sets the currently active cursor to the specified one. See SDL::Cursor for details on cursor objects. If the cursor is currently visible, the change will be immediately represented on the display. "set_cursor()" can be used to force cursor redraw, if this is desired for any reason. get_cursor my $cursor_object = SDL::Mouse::get_cursor; Gets the currently active mouse cursor. show_cursor my $return = SDL::Mouse::show_cursor( $state ); Toggle whether or not the cursor is shown on the screen. Passing "SDL_ENABLE" displays the cursor and passing "SDL_DISABLE" hides it. The current state of the mouse cursor can be queried by passing "SDL_QUERY", either "SDL_DISABLE" or "SDL_ENABLE" will be returned. use SDL; use SDL::Mouse; use SDL::Video; use SDL::Events ':state'; #For the constants SDL::init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO); SDL::Video::set_video_mode(640, 480, 16, SDL_SWSURFACE); printf("Cursor is %s ", SDL::Mouse::show_cursor(SDL_QUERY) ? 'visible' : 'not visible'); sleep(3); SDL::Mouse::show_cursor(SDL_DISABLE); printf("Cursor is %s ", SDL::Mouse::show_cursor(SDL_QUERY) ? 'visible' : 'not visible'); sleep(3); SDL::Mouse::show_cursor(SDL_ENABLE); printf("Cursor is %s ", SDL::Mouse::show_cursor(SDL_QUERY) ? 'visible' : 'not visible'); sleep(3); SEE ALSO
SDL::Cursor AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Mouse(3pm)