Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling and linking Shared Libraries. Post 302449429 by JohnGraham on Monday 30th of August 2010 02:19:34 PM
Old 08-30-2010
Try:

Code:
gcc My_program.c libCommon.so.1.0.0 -ldl

(the -ldl links in libdl.so, which is what you want for dlopen() etc.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. Programming

Runtime Linking shared Objects

I'm runtime linking (dlopen and dlsym) to a shared object (library) I've created and after a number of function calls into the library the program core dumps (Illegal operation). This only occurs during runtime linking. If I use the same library and dynamically link during compile time everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dneely
3 Replies

3. Programming

Shared libraries

Hello everybody, I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :) Ok this is the problem: I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D. If I try to run A as plugin in apache,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
0 Replies

4. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

5. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

6. Programming

beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages.. Here it is: I have 3 files: init.h <header> init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h"> main.c <#include "init.h"> now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc? ( I have a hard time making the init.o) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: My_Name
1 Replies

7. Programming

Linking with shared objects

hi all ! Do I need all the shared objects to be present while compiling my code which has reference to a only one shared object, which in turn refers to another shared object. for example I want to compile example.c which refers to sample.so sample.so has refrence to anothersample.so do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
2 Replies

8. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Linking to a shared library

I'm trying to get Valgrind to work with an openmpi application in OS X. However I want to hardcode the path to a shared library called libmpiwrap-amd64-darwin.so into my application so that it is available at runtime. In Linux this is relatively simple, I would just add the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Valgrinder
0 Replies

10. SuSE

Problem compiling the kernel and linking problems in OpenSuse 12.3

Hi everyone I installed OpenSuse 12.3 and many development tools but when i propose build the kernel from the source (the first step make menuconfig) i saw this: HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/mconf /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdl.so.2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
2 Replies
DLERROR(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							DLERROR(3)

NAME
dlerror - obtain error diagnostic for functions in the dlopen API SYNOPSIS
#include <dlfcn.h> char *dlerror(void); Link with -ldl. DESCRIPTION
The dlerror() function returns a human-readable, null-terminated string describing the most recent error that occurred from a call to one of the functions in the dlopen API since the last call to dlerror(). The returned string does not include a trailing newline. dlerror() returns NULL if no errors have occurred since initialization or since it was last called. VERSIONS
dlerror() is present in glibc 2.0 and later. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |dlerror() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
The message returned by dlerror() may reside in a statically allocated buffer that is overwritten by subsequent dlerror() calls. History This function is part of the dlopen API, derived from SunOS. EXAMPLE
See dlopen(3). SEE ALSO
dladdr(3), dlinfo(3), dlopen(3), dlsym(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 DLERROR(3)