Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian /etc/network/interfaces problem Post 302449325 by Luka on Monday 30th of August 2010 07:47:20 AM
Old 08-30-2010
What do you mean by "the file is reset"? That your changes are deleted?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

HOW-TO Retrieve all network interfaces??!

Yes. But just wait a bit. How to do it via system calls? I'm just a newbie in Unix\Linux\Solaris e.t.c. programming. Can anyone help me? I need an advice probably how to do it or may be what API to read... :) Please, help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LocalStorm
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

3. SCO

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

4. AIX

NIM w/ two network interfaces

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. My main problem is this: I have a NIM server that I am trying to configure two interfaces on. One interface is for an internal Admin VLAN, the other is so that the server can use SUMA to pull updates. The problem is that I need help w/ the routing.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakernetb
0 Replies

5. AIX

NIM w/ two network interfaces

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. My main problem is this: I have a NIM server that I am trying to configure two interfaces on. One interface is for an internal Admin VLAN, the other is so that the server can use SUMA to pull updates. The problem is that I need help w/ the routing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snakernetb
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Network Interfaces

I got second IOU in my M5000 but not able bring internal network interfcae .. ike i don't get link on those 2 interfaces .. and the same network cable plugged in PCI network card it works like a charm Is there any special way to enable the internal IOU interfaces or i have bad nics ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to bond network interfaces

All, I have a quad NIC on a V880 running Solaris 9. I've heard you can bond interfaces together and get better throughput. I found this link that seems to describe the process well. However, the command mentioned (dladm) is missing. Is there some package I need to install to get this command? Thx.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/network/interfaces

i need a one liner command that writes in /var/log/net.log the date when i connect to the network and when i disconect ..i know that i need to write somethin in /etc/network/interfaces but idk what ! please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with multiple network interfaces

Hi .. we have two AIX 5.3 systems with a small client server app communicating over a TCP socket. Box A has a single network interface where the server app (in Java) opens a well known port and waits for connections from Box B. Box B has two network interfaces, X and Y. Interface X has the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonBowater
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Network Interfaces Problem - Monitoring equipment

Dear gurus of Linux / Unix. I have a server, which I use to monitoring traffic, the problem that I find is when I run the following command: probe:~ # sar -n DEV 1 I see that I one second appear info in some interface and in the other second no appear, I don't know what will be the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies
DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3) 						 1						   DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3)

dbase_replace_record - Replaces a record in a database

SYNOPSIS
bool dbase_replace_record (int $dbase_identifier, array $record, int $record_number) DESCRIPTION
Replaces the given record in the database with the given data. PARAMETERS
o $dbase_identifier - The database link identifier, returned by dbase_open(3) or dbase_create(3). o $record - An indexed array of data. The number of items must be equal to the number of fields in the database, otherwise dbase_replace_record(3) will fail. Note If you're using dbase_get_record(3) return value for this parameter, remember to reset the key named deleted. o $record_number - An integer which spans from 1 to the number of records in the database (as returned by dbase_numrecords(3)). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Updating a record in the database <?php // open in read-write mode $db = dbase_open('/tmp/test.dbf', 2); if ($db) { // gets the old row $row = dbase_get_record_with_names($db, 1); // remove the 'deleted' entry unset($row['deleted']); // Update the date field with the current timestamp $row['date'] = date('Ymd'); // Replace the record dbase_replace_record($db, $row, 1); dbase_close($db); } ?> SEE ALSO
dbase_add_record(3), dbase_delete_record(3). PHP Documentation Group DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3)