Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Awk command to get part of string based on delimeter Post 302449143 by shanneykar on Saturday 28th of August 2010 05:54:33 PM
Old 08-28-2010
It's Working... but need to research ur command dude. Smilie Thanks a bunch.

---------- Post updated at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:02 PM ----------

Sorry , I edited th eline to make it simple. My actual input

Input : "06:28:45 28.08.2010|SCHEDULE: Started program POSG1[(0600 08/27/10),(0AAAAAAAAAAAOG66)].PLK110 (#J2325) has completed successfully"

Output :07:08:43 28.08.2010 08/28/10

The awk command given is fetching "07:08:43 28.08.2010 (#J2325"

Please help. Sorry about last time[COLOR="#738fbf"]

Last edited by Scott; 08-28-2010 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Removed "bump"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort entire line based on part of the string

hey gurus, my-build1-abc my-build10-abc my-build2-abc my-build22-abc my-build3-abc basically i want to numerically sort the entire lines based on the build number. I dont zero pad the numbers because thats "how it is" ;-) sort -n won't work because it starts from the beginning. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpal2000
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get part of string in awk from match

Hi, Im an awk noob and I am having trouble trying to get matches. Here is my script: #!/bin/gawk -f BEGIN {} $0 ~ /<a href=".*">.*<\/a>/{print} Ideally I want to be able to get the actual link and print it. In PHP you can do preg_replace and get the match you want by using \\1 where 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adsyuk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge 2 files based on delimeter in perl?

Hi, I have 2 files. a.txt & b.txt # a.txt contains the following text. apple grapes # b.txt contains the following text. banana pine My question is. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

4. Web Development

split line based on delimeter SQL

I have a SQL query SELECT BLAH_ID, BLAH_CODE, DATEFORMAT(CALENDAR_DATE, 'MM-DD-YYYY') AS CALENDAR_DATE_STR, HOURS, 'N', FROM blah_tmp_tbl order by CALENDAR_DATE_STR,BLAH_ID,BLAH_CODE; OUTPUT TO 'MyExport.CSV' quote '' FORMAT ASCII; That gets me the below output; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffdstanley
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command parse a file based on string.

AWK Command parse a file based on string. I am trying to write a shell script to parse a file based on a string and move the content of the file to another file. Here is scenario. File content below Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put delimeter in data based on value

Hi Friends, I have a file as below source.txt 12345JackYKing32N 1235 JulyYoig 31N i am using cut command for cutting the fields cut -c 1-5 source.txt 12345 1235 like above i have to use each time to cut all the fieds manually. I have a file(pre.txt) which tells... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a part of file based on string identifiers

consider below file contents cat myOutputFIle.txt 8 CCM-HQE-ResourceHealthCheck: Resource List : No RED/UNKNOWN resource Health entries found ---------------------------------------------------------- 9 CCM-TraderLogin-Status: Number of logins: 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match part of string in file2 based on column in file1

I have a file containing texts and indexes. I need the text between (and including ) INDEX and number "1" alone in line. I have managed this: awk '/INDEX/,/1$/{if (!/1$/)print}' file1.txt It works for all indexes. And then I have second file with years and indexes per year, one per line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoebus
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)