Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating script - grep wont work? Post 302449112 by Prantare on Saturday 28th of August 2010 01:23:40 PM
Old 08-28-2010
Ah!
I changed the . into ! and now it works. The tutorial I read listed a dot and therefor I thought that was the right character.. thanks so much! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

head command wont work on MF file

I am trying to do a head on a mainframe file and on doing ti just gives me a blank screen with nothing on it. however, when i do a tail for the same file...i get a few lines on the screen. i know tht mainframe files have all the records on one line...does this have to do something with this.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Unix] a dos style rename wont work

Hey guys i'm creating a dos style rename script, so if a user types say q14.* as the 1st param and b14.* as the 2nd and will rename all q14 files to b14 but keep the extensions, so i've developed nearly the full script "i think", if i use echo(echo "if $1 had been renamed it would now be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fblade1987
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Wireless Script Wont Work.....anyone??

ive been trying to write a simple (at least i thought it was) script to launch my wireless usb under ubuntu with kde. im using nano. when i run it from a terminal it works fine, but it just wont run from the script. there is a caveat, but first heres the script. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braze
7 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

AjaxTerm wont work on Mac OS X

just downloaded Ajaxterm-0.10 on my Mac 10.5.8 and after a ./ajaxterm.py i get: AjaxTerm at http://localhost:8022/ which looks ok but as soon i go to the website: ./ajaxterm.py:418: DeprecationWarning: 'I' format requires 0 <= number <= 4294967295 fcntl.ioctl(fd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berot3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

two grep in one script doesn't work?

Hi there, the following script doesn't work. the first part works, then the second 'grep' fails with ': not found'. However, if I take out the second part (starting with the grep command) and put in a seperate script, it works. everyone know what's wrong here? no two 'grep' in one script, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkey77
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 commands in script wont work together

For some reason when I run these separately they work but when they are in a script file the second wont: printf "%s\n" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" | tee $HOME/bpl/random RANDOM1=$( <$HOME/bpl/random ) Anyone know why? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkohn11
8 Replies

8. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aliases wont work after set command

Hi, I have setup my .profile with some helpful aliases and some set commands in it. I have it as: alias gr='autorep -G' alias c='clear' alias x='exit' alias wcl='wc -l' alias l1='ls -1 "$@"' alias ll='ls -l "$@"' alias la='ls -altr "$@"' alias l='ls -ltr "$@"' alias ml='m_ls -ltr... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to grep doesn't work in bash script

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that checks gvfs to see if a mount exists so I can run it from network-manager's status hooks. I thought I'd pipe the output of gvfs-mount -l to grep for the particular mounts I care about. When I do this in a bash script: cmnd="gvfs-mount -l | grep -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcstrom
4 Replies
T1DOTLESSJ(1)						      General Commands Manual						     T1DOTLESSJ(1)

NAME
t1dotlessj - create a dotless-j PostScript Type 1 font SYNOPSIS
t1dotlessj [OPTIONS...] font [outputfile] DESCRIPTION
T1dotlessj creates a PostScript Type 1 font whose only character is a dotless 'j' matching the input font's design. It works simply by removing the dot from the input font's 'j'. The output font has three characters: '.notdef', 'space', and 'uni0237', where 'uni0237' is the dotless 'j'. The command fails if the input font already has a dotless 'j' character, or if there seems to be no dot to remove. T1dotlessj writes the created PFA or PFB font to the standard output (but see the --output option); if no input file is supplied, it reads a PFA or PFB font from the standard input. OPTIONS
--output=file, -o file Send output to file instead of standard output. --pfb, -b Output a PFB font. This is the default. --pfa, -a Output a PFA font. --name=name, -n name Set the output font's PostScript name to name. The default is InputFontNameLCDFJ. -q, --quiet Do not generate any error messages. -h, --help Print usage information and exit. -v, --version Print the version number and some short non-warranty information and exit. RETURN VALUES
T1dotlessj exits with one of the following values: 0 A dotless-j font was successfully generated. 1 The font already contained a dotless-j character. 2 The font's "j" character had no dot to remove. 3 The font had no "j" character. >3 An error occurred. SEE ALSO
Adobe Type 1 Font Format AUTHOR
Eddie Kohler (ekohler@gmail.com) Version 2.92 LCDF Typetools T1DOTLESSJ(1)